[V 2.0 - General] Bug Load Game

Rico2

I started a new game (V2.0) and saved it. After quitting the game and coming back later, I’ve tried to load this save file just in the main menu, but when the load screen reaches 99% (once 100% after I tried to load from a ingame ground battle), nothing happens and the game get stocks The music still is planning and I can move my mouse, but that’s it.

• Thanks 1

I am also experiencing this - load screen progress bar stops at 99%.  I have tried 4 times with the same result (though once it stopped at 98%).  

Game should be loading into the Geoscape.  There is a mission on its way to a crash site when I made the save.

When the progress bar reaches 99% the loading music cuts out and another track starts, I think this is the Geoscape soundtrack. 

I have left it in this state for 10 minutes with no change.

Update:  I managed to repeat the error.  Started a new game, did one mission, saved and tried to reload.  Similar result, but stopped at 90% this time.

Edited by Bartleby
Further experimentation.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, we'll look into this one - seems like quite a big issue. The save file is useful too, thanks for that.

EDIT - I'm getting this too, thanks for the reports. This is one of those annoying bugs that only affects the built version of the game; those save files work fine within Unity.

Could it be that this and the other thread actually have a common root cause?

Because, 1 time after exchanging interceptor equipment on the aircraft screen and then shooting down a UFO, I got both bugs:

• I first saved while the drophip was on the way to crash site
  • then after completing the ground mission, game crashed
  • when I tried to load the save, I found it was broken

At this time I thought of it an coincidence and did not report it again (and no longer have the savefile). But after trying around a bit, it seems that going to the aircraft screen and back seems to be a reliable way to cause not-loadable savefiles.

Here are 2 of them test.json does load perfectly well. test2.json will be stuck on loading. The only action between saving those files was going to the aircraft equipment and back. Interestingly the second file is much smaller despite that. This got me interested and I took a look at the actual content of the savefiles and saw that it misses the whole "ComponentMatrix" part. So maybe the same part of wrong data that makes the game crash on loading back from ground combat actually makes creation of this part of the savefile impossible?

• Thanks 1