2 ground missions, killed 17 aliens, lost 4 soldiers

Found no serious bugs, but....

After second mission, several of my soldiers were promoted to Sergeant. But their rank in Barracks or Armory still lists them as Corporals.

Aliens are afraid of heights. their UFOs avoided my base is Tibet... are those mountains too high for them?

I lost one interceptor! I could not get it to retreat, though I had it at the lowest spot on the screen it would go.

Hopefully in January you can give us an additional week of playing, even if we don't get any added content. Enjoy your holidays.

OldGator6

Thanks. Yeah, the plan is in January will expand the playable time and add some new content - but exactly what form that'll take I'm not sure yet :)

The air combat retreat isn't implemented yet, but I'll look into the soldier promotion stuff tomorrow. I suspect the aliens avoiding your base was bad luck, but right now the UFOs are locked within the region that they spawn in - which means they're flying some weird flight paths at the moment. That's another thing we'll have to look into at some point.