Grenades

Xitax

A few suggestions or comments on this.

1.  Grenades should not be blocked by a doorway that I'm just behind (Ouch).

2.  Grenades should be able to clear low obstacles that I'm near and only be blocked by low obstacles near the landing target.  High obstacles should always block.  Not sure how to make a rule about fences though.  A high fence should be clearable if near the apex of the trajectory I suppose, but might be hard to implement.

3. Maybe could be able to throw a grenade through a window with some sort of chance of failure based on throw skill.

Grenades are definitely a bit of a mess at the moment. I do have a work task for someone to sort out the basic stuff wrong with them (hitting adjacent objects is one of the main examples) but I'm not sure how urgent it is relative to other things we have to do, so I suspect it'll take a few builds for us to get around to improving them. It is something we definitely plan to do though!

• 1 month later...

At short range, people are taught to "post" grenades in the British army.

Pushing it forward in a straight line and bouncing it off the floor...

It makes it so that it's easy to "throw" a device through a window or door, without hitting it...

Maybe you could consider using such a throw at short range, with a much higher chance to hit.

Obviously, for longer range, the traditional throw is better at getting distance.

• 3 weeks later...

Came here just to say this again. Alien resilience/ your guns doing crap damage means that if a Sectoid conga line (4 sectoid soldiers standing shoulder to shoulder) charges you in doors you can have a hell of a lot of problems. Grenades would solve this problem but  grenades love hugging walls more than soldier love hugging cover.

• Haha 1