Is it possible to mod the tactical AI?

morg

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to easily modify the tactical AI of the game, by simply unpacking files and editing text files as for UFO:Extraterrestrials?

Wishful thinking: a contest where people would develop tactical AIs and have them fight it out in skirmishes. Basically, a very cool version of the Google "Ants AI challenge".

The majority of the AI isn't there yet.

Hopefully once it is ready you will be able to tweak it to do what you want.

You should be able to change the actions and reactions of specific units based on the stimuli they receive.

At the moment it is basically attack if you see an enemy or search for an enemy if you don't.

They aren't all that good at either of them yet ;)

I don't know anything about how UFO:ET works so I will leave it up to you to decide how similar it is.

That's too bad. Thanks everyone for the reply.

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly in UFO:ET the AI code has been externalized, so you can not only set it to "defensive or offensive" but actually code what you want it to do based on what it knows.

For example, Bman's ease of use mod completely overhauled the stock AI of that game.

Cheers!