Just some feedback...

Okay, first of, I srsly like the first Xenonauts! U did a great job! :) 

Now something I might be a little bit late to suggest, and, something maybe someone else already suggested, but, I am not going to look threw all the posts, so, ignore it, if u already heard it.

I played Ufo: Enemy Unkown as a kid. And I was totally scared. But I loved it. Then I played Terror from the deep, and, well, got my ass handed back to me. Then, I played Xcom Apocalypse, and, regardless what other people think, I love it. On the occasion, I still get back to it. And I am totally sad they did not finish it, and lost the source code. :( 

There is one thing, I really missed in Xenonauts 1 which got me hooked a few times on the old series. And that is, "economics". 
Even today, I constantly come back to, let say, Xcom: Apocalypse, with the thought of, "maybe I can do it a little bit better". And then I start playing around in my head, what if I safe ammo in the first week and only use sniper's to raise their stats before giving them Autocannons with which they destroy too much of the city and I end up having less money, and so on. 
For me, personally, this was some real important part in the old series where I was able to thinker around and kind of try to get better results by producing stuff, hiring machinists, selling corpses, and so on. It was a wayof tweaking and ... yeah, a lot of fun, in my case. Some way where u could make a difference. And, that's one thing I missed in Xenonauts 1. In my opinion it's a real good combat simulator and u got that part done well. But it empazied a lot on the combat and less on like building and selling alien technology. In Xenonauts 1 production played only a role as it  was important for building your own equipment. 

I think, they meant, in the original series, to take this one level further in Xcom: Apocalypse, with corporations and the politics, which, afaik, they never finished. I think I read somewhere, that, there was supposed to be effects u could gain from the corps, like, if u had a good standing with "Gravball League" u get better recruits. If u are good with the "Technocrats", then all technology corps are more favourable to u. And so on. To a certain degree they implemented it. But, afaik, it was not finished. 

What I want to say is, there was more then just the combat. And that's something I missed... besides soldiers who can lie down. :) ( but that's a different story ^^ ) 

So yeah, I know it's a little bit late, but, better late then never. :) 

Have a good one, and, I am looking forwards to Xenonauts 2, ... so, keep it up guys and girls!!! 

Thanks, glad to hear you liked the first game.

From a logical point of view it's a little difficult to manage the economics of a global organisation compared to that of a small team inside a single city, simply because resources a lot less limited on a global scale - but it is an idea I do like in principle (provided it doesn't break the game difficulty like it does in the original X-Com). As development continues we might be able to see some ways to make the economic side of the game more interesting, but unfortunately right now the game is still too primitive for me to be able to test out any new ideas. Maybe once we hit Early Access though!