[V1.2 - Ground Combat] Softlock after killing all the active aliens during their turn.

Yandros

Thanks. Yeah, I can imagine that the game might break if the final alien stuns itself during its own turn. I'll give it a test and see if I can reproduce it!

EDIT - doing some limited testing with a couple of aliens suggests that the system correctly ends the mission if the final alien gets stunned by stun gas during their own turn, so this bug is obviously caused by something a little more complex. If anyone else encounters this, please do post up here!

I just got the issue myself in build V1.3.

It was definitely not the last alien on the map (was short after start) that caused it, however the last one in my view. What happened in the round is that

1. I killed the other alien
  2. I threw a gas grenade directly on the alien
  3. as the alien was not stunned, I added a smoke so it wouldn't hit me on alien turn, then I ended my turn
  4. It looked like the alien was stunned after trying to start moving

So my interpretation is that it may happen on any alien if it is stunned by gas before being able to finish the move that was planned by the AI and the AI would then simply stop doing anything and never finish the alien turn.

2018-12-14_2009_1.thumb.png.1eba42fbeffb83b7a23b5e11c1e6f2bf.png

output.log

Note: Additionally reported this instance of the bug with F11 while the soflock happened, maybe there is something helpful in the data that it collected, too.

Edit: Just noted that the recording file was useless as it was from 07.12. - it was totally unrelated.

Edited by wulf 21
Removed recording_10.rec because it is actually totally unrelated.

• 2 months later...

Build V3.1

Hi, just got the issue again. I did alt+Tab out of the game while it was in locked up state and zipped the output log before closing the game, so it should pretty much tell the story how the game got into locked up state.

What happened in view was that the alien was moving from a tile that had no stun gas into stun gas and dropped unconscious there (movement indicated on screenshot). The logfile reads like the shooting animation of the alien was queued up before it dropping unconscious, so the game hangs in a state where the shooting animation never gets played back. So my best guess is that it will always happen if the alien by chance drops unconscious on the very same tile from where the AI wanted it to shoot.

Attached: output.zip

2019-03-20_2151_1.thumb.png.24c0d4019b49eb64fb6f6c00ab2211bb.png