[v1.2 - Geoscape] Timewarp Hotkey produces unexpected results

wulf 21

I tried around with known Hotkeys from Xenonauts one and found a bug. Screenshot doesn't really add any info, I could take a video but I don't think it's worth the effort as it should be reproducable with following instructions:

1. Click any time warp value in Geoscape (for example 2 arrows)
  2. Press space. Result: As expected, time flow goes back to real time. However the time warp button clicked in step 1. stays highlighted as well as the 1-arrow-button. (Expected: Only 1-arrow-button for real-time should be highlighted)
  3. Press space again. Result: Nothing happens. (Expected: time flow should go back to the time warp clicked in step 1. and only time warp highlighted)

Just minor issue, so low priority for fixing unless it can be done really easily.

Edited by wulf 21

Hmm, interesting. Space never functioned as a "pause / unpause" button in X1, it was more of a panic button. But pressing it a second time to return to the previous speed is quite a nice idea.

I'll log the visual bug but as you say it's quite low priority right now.

Hmm, just to test if my memory is correct I just fired up Xenonauts 1 - and the Spacebar works as I describe (second press returns to previous speed). In GOG galaxy it says I have "1.65 GOG Hotfix" and I have the "Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack" installed, so maybe one of these 2 modded it in, or is this function actually a bug in this version of Xenonauts 1 XD?

Additionally, upon the second spacebar press in Xenonauts 2, it just looks like the game intends to click the previous time warp (button dark for short time) and if this just would not work.

Edited by wulf 21

Huh. You're right, it does work as a pause / unpause button in X1. I wonder if that's something I added or whether the Community Edition guys added it and I added it into the base game?

I'll add this to our worklist then, if we had this UI functionality in the first game we should probably add it into the sequel too!