[V1.2 - Game crash]

Shrek296

If the crash is not reproducable, you can probably help the devs finding the cause by posting the C:\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\My Games\Xenonauts 2\Logs\output.log here. There should be found an entry containing [FATAL] (with the square brackets) at the time the crash happened. Sometimes something random happens that crashes the game (like in my burst fire crash thread, first mission played fine, suddenly first shot in second mission was crashing the game).

Yep, definitely happens in Build V1.2. Ran into it myself. Not sure what the conditions are that it crashes. What I did was trying to let a wounded soldier heal herself. She had

• full TUs
  • damage left to heal.

Crash in output.log:

2018-12-07 21:00:56,960 [FATAL] (D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-v0.34.0\Assets\Code\Screens\XenonautsMain.cs:513) 
[INITIAL CRASH]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Abilities.MedikitAbility.<Create>m__1 (Common.RPG.Ability ability, Artitas.Entity weapon, Artitas.Entity target, System.Object rawConflict) [0x00025] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-v0.34.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\Factories\Abilities\MedikitAbility.cs:136 
  at Common.RPG.Ability.CanTarget (Artitas.Entity source, Artitas.Entity target, Optional`1 parameters) [0x00017] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-v0.34.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\RPG\Ability\Ability.cs:78 
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.UI.Fragments.SelectionFrameFragment.HandleLeftClickTarget (Common.Input.MouseCodeStateReport report) [0x00088] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-v0.34.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\UI\Fragments\SelectionFrameFragment.cs:104 
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.UI.Fragments.SelectionFrameFragment.HandleClick (Common.Input.MouseCodeStateReport report) [0x00075] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-v0.34.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\UI\Fragments\SelectionFrameFragment.cs:70 

Attached: logs.zip (contains output.log and the last written .rec in same folder)

PS: Seems the forum gets me " There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200 " if file is more than 1mb, which is odd because I already uploaded a 3.9 MB uncompressed output.log earlier.

PPS: I noticed that by pure coincidence the soldier that should heal herself was the selected one in the screenshots I took for:

Edited by wulf 21