[V1.1 - Geoscape] (after combat) Soldier AP increase is abnormal

Blade

Yeah so it looks like the Personnel screen is currently showing the current TU that the units had when the battle ended, not their max TU. That's a bug I need to fix.

I suspect those guys with really high TU is due to their shotguns, which grant +10TU (fixed in the next build) ... but even then I don't see how they can get up to 93 TU. Do they have more shotguns in their backpacks?

Hello,

I did notice this, too after first mission. The TU in the Soldiers Tab is not equal to the TUs within the mission (I have all soldier equipment so I don't get a TU penalty from weight)

You already explained the low TU in the Soldier Tab, maybe this savefile will enable looking at how some soldiers get such high TU though.

Following TUs in the save are very high after just one battle:

Soldier Name - TUs in Geoscape Soldier Tab - TUs in armory (should be correct) - Ground Battle TUs

JOHN EALES - 50 - 75 - 95
HENRY POWELL - 5 - 68 - 88

Both carry exactly one shotgun. There is no additional shotgun in the backpack. The numbers almost look like there really is a +20 TU bonus - maybe this bonus somehow builds up over time (shotgun getting +10 bonus the first time it was used, +20 next mission etc?)

Savefile: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ddk0co8z5ci8d1c/auto_save_0006.json/file

Screenshots:

Soldier Tab

by67xiakskq0y716g.jpg

JOHN EALES - ARMORY

4jcbzsp0b4nq3ba6g.jpg

JOHN EALES - GROUND BATTLE

fpub1wka4aelgqy6g.jpg

HENRY POWELL - ARMORY

dia6evcmw9cmzkb6g.jpg

HENRY POWELL - GROUND BATTLE

t0kamdrixtwsyeo6g.jpg

PS: I can still not upload new files to forum and get error immediately, so I uploaded them to mediafire.

Now this is kind of funny. I did notice one of the points in this post (switching between shotgun and something else removes 10 TUs, switching back to shotgut adds them again.)

Now look at the following screens after completing the second mission.

On first screen you will see that HENRY POWELL  should have gained just 2 TUs. On second screen, you see that he now has 90 TUs in armory. In last post I wrote he had 68 TUs.

So 68 + 2 + 20 = 90

I think this means we have a combination of 3 effects:

1. +10 TU just for having the shotgun in Inventory
  2. +10 TU if shotgun is selected
  3. If the mission ends with shotgun in inventory and selected, permanent gain additional max TU in sum of whole shotgun bonus (+20)

So, don't know if each of these effects should be looked at seperately (so they don't appear again in some form in the future) - maybe just removing the shotgun TU bonus will get rid of all 3 of them.

Save: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pm3s6v40871ifuy/after_second_battle.json

Screenshots

Gain:

amcazrhherka8e66g.jpg

Armory after second mission:

cnmhj1atm64a1i56g.jpg

15 hours ago, Chris said:

Yeah so it looks like the Personnel screen is currently showing the current TU that the units had when the battle ended, not their max TU. That's a bug I need to fix.

I suspect those guys with really high TU is due to their shotguns, which grant +10TU (fixed in the next build) ... but even then I don't see how they can get up to 93 TU. Do they have more shotguns in their backpacks?

No, they didn't. But sure their main weapon is shotgun, and carried 1 slug and 1 taser shell pack in their belt.

Still, during the mission their AP was OK (~50), it was after the mission when it grew, and it was permanent after.

• 2 weeks later...

To give Feedback to this:

Looks like everything regarding actual TU value increase was solved - did not observe any abnormal increase after mission again. The only thing left now (Build V1.3) is the visual bug that in Soldiers Tab, there is displayed current TU at end of last mission (Kistina Petrova in Screenshot, did the last kill), while the armory correctly displays the max TU value.

2018-12-15_1235_1.thumb.png.a44f37e537343c2b6bdd36f0bb5e70cb.png

2018-12-15_1240_1.thumb.png.79d9540789881efbbe0fd00b8e5c4bc2.png