[v1.1 - Geoscape] Time Froze/Interface Unresponsive

Time is not passing, clicking the time speed buttons or base buttons does nothing.

My plane got shot down, and I couldn't figure out how to get a new plane. I tried relocating the dead plane, which did nothing visible, then tried disbanding it, which froze time. If I click on the little green square that represents the base where the plane is stationed (I have four for no reason) nothing happens anymore. Pressing Esc (escape) in this state while looking at a view (like "archive") or clicking the little envelope in the corner takes me to a Geoscape with no UI.

I can't save the game in its current state, but I doubt it would be useful. Is there a log file I can provide? I broke the game almost instantly so I don't know what would normally happen or how this stuff works.

Thanks for the report. I guess tomorrow I'll have a prod around seeing what happens if a relocate a plane then disband it, or try to disband a plane that is on zero health. The disband / relocate functionality is very old code and the aircraft have changed quite a bit since it was implemented, so I image the bug would be triggered by one of those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Still happens in build V1.3 - 10th Dec

It is caused by trying to relocate an aircraft to the same hangar where it is already located. Reproducable with the attached saves (new game started in buid V1.3)

1. load the savefile after_buy_hangar.json
  2. click the base named "Pacific"
  3. click the only plane (hangar 0)
  4. click "relocate squadron" - there will be displayed 2 hangars in window: the same where aircraft is already located (Pacific: Hangar 0) + the free hangar (Egypt: Hangar 1) - both selected (yellow)
  5. click "Egypt: Hangar 1" - note that this actually deselects the clicked option and "Pacific: Hangar 0" will be the selected option
  6. click "Authorize Relocation"

Result: time and interface is frozen. It is still possible to close the open windows with ESC but everything glitches, it is not even possible to enter the menu with ESC except for trying fiddeling around with clicking bases and pressing ESC real fast. It is still possible to quicksave in this frozen state with F5: quick_save.json. However, loading this broken quicksave will make time run forward again and crash the game after a few seconds when the window of the "Pacific" base is opened and closed again.

output.log

2018-12-15 23:50:33,166 [FATAL] (D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-v0.34.1\Assets\Code\Screens\XenonautsMain.cs:441) 
A fatal error occurred during Update() - 
System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Entity] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Xenonauts.Strategy.UI.Components.GeoscapeSquadronInfoController.SetTypeText (Artitas.Entity squadron) [0x0000d] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-v0.34.1\Assets\Code\Screens\Strategy\UI\Components\GeoscapeSquadronInfoController.cs:68 
  at Xenonauts.Strategy.UI.Components.GeoscapeSquadronInfoController.OnSetup () [0x00020] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-v0.34.1\Assets\Code\Screens\Strategy\UI\Components\GeoscapeSquadronInfoController.cs:54 
  at Common.UI.DataStructures.UIController`1[T].SetTarget (.T target) [0x0002c] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-v0.34.1\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\UI\DataStructures\UIController.cs:86 
  at Common.UI.DataStructures.UILayoutController`2[Xenonauts.Strategy.UI.Components.GeoscapeSquadronInfoController,Artitas.Entity].Setup (IEnumerable`1 targets) [0x000aa] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-v0.34.1\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\UI\DataStructures\UILayoutController.cs:101 
  at Xenonauts.Strategy.UI.GeoscapeGeobaseElement.<OnCreate>m__10 (Artitas.Entity hangar, Boolean isOn) [0x00037] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-v0.34.1\Assets\Code\Screens\Strategy\UI\Elements\Geoscape\GeoscapeGeobaseElement.cs:83 

Further update: actually clicking "Pacific: Hangar 0" which deselects it in step 5. has the same effect. The only way to make the relocate work properly is clicking "Egypt: Hangar 1" twice to select it and only it.

Yet another update: Turns out that clicking "Egypt: Hangar 1" twice does not work properly either. The interceptor will be no longer assigned to "Pacific: Hangar 0" and get visible in "Egypt: Hangar 1" immediately. However it turns out that it never arrives there and stays in Airborne state forever. ETA in interception menu behaves like it is calculated from the Pacific base.

Basically, relocate mechanic is completely broken.

Edited by wulf 21