[V1.1 - Ground Combat] Character did not die correctly

Tribly

I had a character target themselves with a grenade and they did not die correctly.  They are still standing up, the hud is still showing their stats and weapons, their small selection button did get removed though.

After ending the turn they were no longer selectable.

The screen shot has an arrow pointing at the character that died.

grenade_death.jpg

Frustratingly I can't reproduce this - although it's definitely happening. But I've blown up about twenty soldiers with their own grenades and they've all acted fine.

If you manage to work out any way of reliably reproducing this issue please let me know, as that would make it far easier for us to fix!

• 2 months later...

Had this happen in V2.0 today. However it happened after getting shot by alien for me instead of a self-kill, so it looks like it will appear randomly on Xenonaut death. Might actaully be the same glitch as dead alien standing upright after death - So I additionally did send an F11-report that was asked for in these threads.

Edit: the character to the right the alien is looking at with the blood is the one that is actually dead.

2019-02-02_1849_1.jpg.f2c438af2ca81dbc8dc0e88e77b46105.jpg

Edited by wulf 21