[V1.1 - Geoscape] Engineering list bug

z3r0f14m3

First I would like to say Im stoked to try this all out. Second when on the world screen F11 doesnt seem to be working and thats why I created an account to report this.

When I first started I was messing around a bit with the different menus and qued up some profitable goods. When the laser rifle unlocked I qued it up immediatly and used the buttons on the far left to sort it to the top of the que. Then I decided to up the amount being made but when using the arrows for rifles it was changing the amount for goods and vice versa. I would try for some screenshots but there isnt a whole lot that could be revealed. This is also the first time I have opened the game so I havent tried to reproduce and no crash logs or anything. I could always start a twitch stream real quick to get a video if need be.

Edit: aplogies, f12 works, lack of sleep to blame :)

Sorry for the slow reply. I've just tried to reproduce this and you're right, it does add quantity to the wrong project if you've re-ordered them. I'll log the issue - thanks for the report!

It should actually be F11 on both the strategy and GC now though, we had to change it away from F12 because it turns out that's the default Steam screenshot key.

8 hours ago, Gauddlike said:

Just to add to this if you remove the profitable goods after adding the laser rifles then you can no longer perform any actions such as change the amounts or type of production, accelerate time, launch interceptors, equip soldiers etc. You have to force the game to shut down.

I'm not getting that in the build myself - could you give reproduction steps if it's something that's easy to reproduce for you?

Hmm,

on trying to reproduce it, I found something that might be related:

For me, the quantity was not changing at at all when I clicked the corresponding buttons after having queued profitable goods first, then laser rifle. It would update the quantity number display only after switching to Geoscape (not to any other tab which makes not time run forward). It can actually be seen in the video I took that the number updates the same moment Geoscape is clicked (before tab is switched)

Difference in behaviour might simply be because in the save file does not contain any money to buy more laser rifles however.

Savefile: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p4pm2sm1v2b0583/test2.json/file

Video:

Edited by wulf 21
typo

While the original issue is indeed solved - there is still a minor issue left in build V1.3. I thought I'll post it here rather than create new thread.

Reproducable with following save (obtained by researching Laser Rifles adding one to queue and reordering them): 1_laser_in_queue.json

1. load the savefile
  2. click Engineering
  3. click up one time on laser-rifle (screenshot 1)
  4. click down one time on laser rifle (screenshot 2)
  5. try to click up again - will not work and downbutton will stay highlighted (screenshot 3, unfortunately does not display the mouse pointer but it was over the up-button again while taking it)

Up-Button will be working again after switching to Geoscape and back.

Screentshots:

1. 2018-12-15_1303_1.thumb.png.819d595e0c311e2d534f23b4f3660123.png
  2. 2018-12-15_1303_2.thumb.png.a1fa582c0d0cecb6313b03a7c29991f5.png
  3. 2018-12-15_1303_3.thumb.png.6da49a8a29e2b8307c4e22204fda5da1.png