Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V1.1 Released!

This build is quick hotfix that addresses a number of the most common crashes and gameplay issues that affected Closed Beta Build V1. Please read the release thread for the previous build for more details on the beta and how we're trying to test these builds!

CHANGELOG:

• Fixed a crash that occurred if you completed a Research / Engineering project and had another project in the queue afterwards.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after fighting a ground combat mission whilst one of your interceptors was being repaired.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if a unit with overlapping items in its inventory was killed and tried to drop those items (this mostly affected units carrying C4).
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if a soldier killed themselves with their own C4 charge.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if you threw a grenade without any other weapons equipped.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if you tried to "Exit to Main Menu".
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when loading the ground combat.
  • Removed the topbar from the Air Combat screen, preventing the player from changing away from the Geoscape (which eventually causes a crash).
  • Prevented a crash that occurred when using the Skyranger and the Launch Aircraft button (this is currently only a partial fix; we've just removed it from the list of available aircraft rather than fixed the underlying issue).
  • The Load Game panel on the Main Menu screen should now work properly (although it definitely needs a bit more visual styling).
  • Time no longer passes on the Game Menu that appears when you press Esc.
  • Items unequipped from soldiers are now correctly added back to the Base Stores, so unequipping that manufactured Laser Rifle no longer destroys it forever.
  • Aircraft can no longer be launched if they have 0 HP.
  • Aircraft health no longer displays to about 8 decimal places when an aircraft is damaged.
  • C4 now costs 5 TU to place.
  • Medikits no longer inflict stun damage on your soldiers rather than healing it.
  • Corpses are now small enough to fit in backpacks.
  • Using the 1-4 or + / - hotkeys to change the Geoscape speed now correctly sets the appropriate visual state on the speed buttons.
  • Camera should spend less time showing you movement in unrevealed tiles during the enemy turn.

Those crash fixes account for most of the crashes people have been encountering over the last 24 hours. There's also a number of bugs that have been reported that are too big to fix in less than 24 hours, so those fixes will be rolled into our next major release (see bottom of post for details about that). Those bugs include:

• The Launch Aircraft button essentially assumes all your aircraft are interceptors, which is why it was crashing when you used it with the Skyranger or sent the Skyranger out to intercept live UFOs. We're going to need to spend some time making that work properly for both interceptors AND dropships (in the interim we've just disabled the Skyranger in this list).
  • There's a bug with the overwatch where units killed by overwatch don't seem to be playing their death animation. This is why a number of players have encountered units that appear to be standing normally but are in fact dead (easiest way to check is to try and move another unit into their tile - if you can, the original unit is actually dead).
  • There's a bunch of issues with 21:9 resolutions that I need to look into.

At the moment we're currently sifting through all the feedback you've posted and merging it in with all the issues we encountered during our own testing over the past few weeks. As this hotfix should address most of the critical errors in the current build, our next major build is going to primarily be focused on bugfixes - we're just trying to make a decision internally whether we should do the release next week or the week after. Hopefully we'll know what the plan is by before the weekend.

I wanted to say thankyou to everyone who gave us their thoughts and feedback on the first build, either by posting in the thread or using the in-game bug reporter. As you can see, we've very quickly been able to identify and fix a large number of bugs as a result. If you encounter any further issues with this build then please post in this thread!

• Like 1

Initial feedback is that two CTD's I was receiving yesterday are not coming up today. I was able to shoot down a UFO, send the Skyranger, and successfully complete a ground combat mission. Thanks!

I did find one weird thing. During the mission I had one soldier killed in combat without actually doing anything in the mission. They were promoted to Sergeant despite other soldiers on the mission not being promoted. Found that a bit strange.

That aside, looking great so far. I'll keep testing.

Hello,

First, thanks for the hotfixes !

A remaining but not critical CTD Launch aircraft => Selecting a crash site as an interceptor mission target crashe the game.

Launch aircraft target crash site SaveLog.rar

Armory :
Sometimes when loading a soldier loadout the items are not present in the tab, clicking a few times / switching tabs / scrolling does seem to fix the issue. (Cf screenshot)

116073278_Emptytab.thumb.png.be2b62b7aa086bbcee59b314d8b28876.png

Related save : Empty armory item tab SaveLog.rar

Testing combat mission now.

Just to report that all the crashes I had from yesterday are now fixed. Good work !

1. See in the Yandros post's screenshot (above), PRIMARY and BELT item tabs are both highlighted
  2. When you are in the "Mission Planning", and open a soldier's loadout, there is no RETURN button: You have to press the ESC key to return to the ship view.
  3. Right at the mission start, the game can get stuck (see screenshot below): The UI is missing, clicking does nothing, keys to move the camera won't work. The music and animations are running, but I had to force-quit the game with ALT+F4. This save seems to reproduce the issue systematically freeze.7z . I also put the Exception at the bottom of this post.
  4. AZERTY (or other keyboard types) is not recognized automatically when you start the game for the first time. The default key configuration should adapt to the user's language.

Performance:

• Very good in fantastic mode, except during Alien's turn: The camera is super laggy, jumps, and misses the short actions (reduce the AI thread's priority?). Camera is a bit sluggish when trying to follow the alien movements.

In combat:

1. RIGHT-CLICK on the grenade won't allow you to change grenade type.
  2. MIDDLE-DRAG and RIGHT-DRAG won't move the camera (it should)
  3. CTRL+WHEEL (or another combinaison) won't rotate the camera
  4. RIGHT-CLICK won't cancel a grenade throw (ESC does)
  5. LEFT-CLICK on the grenade in your belt makes the ammo icon disappear (see screenshot below)
  6. Dropping your weapon on the ground won't lock (grey) the Overwatch options (omg, you can disable overwatch, my dream comes true!)
  7. I had a weird Debug display when throwing a Sleeping Gas Grenade (see screenshot below)
  8. When dropping your weapon on the ground, the main hand shows either an empty Medikit or C4 (I just started the mission, why is it empty?)

In combat, but not bugs:

1. Please put the green TUs bar above the red Health bar (just like in X:CE), same in the tiny vertical bars, it should be on the left, health in the middle
  2. Throwing a grenade with empty hands is not cheaper
  3. I don't really like the "Hidden movement" panel. A more subtle, transparent animated text maybe.
  4. During Overwatch's reaction fire, the camera shows the alien, but not your reacting soldier. Action cam suggestion? (open a small cam window in a corner to show your soldier shooting)
2018-11-30 03:47:13,616 [FATAL] (D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\XenonautsMain.cs:439) 
A fatal error occurred during Update() - 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective.<GetTargets>m__0 (Artitas.Entity t) [0x00001] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\Systems\Objectives\KillTeamGCObjective.cs:38 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[Artitas.Entity,Artitas.Entity].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Artitas.Entity].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x0001a] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Artitas.Entity]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00025] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Entity] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective.GetTargets () [0x00002] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\Systems\Objectives\KillTeamGCObjective.cs:38 
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.EntityStatusGCObjective.Check () [0x00014] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\Systems\Objectives\EntityStatusGCObjective.cs:127 
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective.CheckAtBeginOfTurn (Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Events.PostPlayerTurnStartReport r) [0x00002] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\GroundCombat\Systems\Objectives\KillTeamGCObjective.cs:31 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func`3<Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective, Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Events.PostPlayerTurnStartReport, Xenonauts.Common.Systems.Objective/Result>:invoke_Objective/Result__this___KillTeamGCObjective_PostPlayerTurnStartReport (Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective,Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Events.PostPlayerTurnStartReport)
  at Artitas.Core.Utils.ExpressionUtil+<FunctionFromMethodInfoFactory>c__AnonStorey0`6[Xenonauts.Common.Systems.Objective,Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Events.PostPlayerTurnStartReport,Xenonauts.Common.Systems.Objective+Result,Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective,Artitas.IEvent,Xenonauts.Common.Systems.Objective+Result].<>m__0 (Xenonauts.Common.Systems.Objective target, IEvent param) [0x0001c] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Artitas\Artitas.Core\Code\Utils\ExpressionUtil.cs:133 
  at Xenonauts.Common.Systems.Objective.Check (IEvent event) [0x00037] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\Common\Systems\ObjectiveSystem.cs:68 
  at Xenonauts.Common.Systems.ObjectiveSystem.Handle (IEvent trigger) [0x0003c] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\Common\Systems\ObjectiveSystem.cs:105 
  at Artitas.DefaultProcessStrategy.Process (IEvent event) [0x001c6] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Artitas\Artitas.Core\Code\World.cs:808 
  at Artitas.DefaultProcessStrategy.Process () [0x00024] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Artitas\Artitas.Core\Code\World.cs:751 
  at Artitas.World.Process () [0x00007] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Artitas\Artitas.Core\Code\World.cs:621 
  at Common.Screens.DataStructures.WorldManagedScreen`2[Xenonauts.GameScreens,Common.Screens.DataStructures.IScreenParameters].Update (Single deltaTime) [0x00032] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\Screen\DataStructures\WorldManagedScreen.cs:49 
  at Common.Screens.ScreenManager`1[Xenonauts.GameScreens].Update (Single deltaTime) [0x000f3] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\Screen\ScreenManager.cs:149 
  at Xenonauts.XenonautsMain.Update () [0x00066] in D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\release-0.33.0\Assets\Code\Screens\XenonautsMain.cs:436 

StuckMission.jpg

image.png

image.png

Edited by OzoneGrif

Ok had a very fun combat mission with a lot of report to do :) !

General Saving the game in combat mission doesn't work.

UI : 

• Deselecting a soldier with the Esc key does not empty the HUD, not sure if intended.

Unselected.thumb.png.e5f72b0fba362e12849e15f3c6002f5b.png

• Grenade display debug info (Cf screenshot)

609907846_Debuggrenade.thumb.png.1f359ef3a8a421ac1a6a3c0270b41c33.png

Game mechanics

• Bug or Not implemented : Thrown weapons never deviate (aka grenades have pinpoint accuracy at max range XD )
    Or I hit those sweet 5% three times in a row.
  • Some terrain / structure dont block grenade (Cf caravan in screenshot)

1369927068_Nocollisions.thumb.png.7ccd6d9f339ff4168ec70d165e66ca89.png

• Grenade have no max range (Cf 2 next screenshots) the grenade land exactly on my cursor in the red range

627999662_Maxrange.thumb.png.91f930e0255686dee3fa7196e21a9e88.png

591130275_Maxrange2.thumb.png.fc87f692001361411124182dd0376459.png

• Same for grenade launcher (Cf 2 next screenshots) the grenade land exactly on my cursor in the red range

1169935084_MaxrangeGL.thumb.png.f0f8abb61a4b4a6b06aeb64b9bd2597d.png

681686229_MaxrangeGL2.thumb.png.e20717b89a60f3a03d301d5658895307.png

So thrown weapons are deliciously OP :p !

Crashes :

• Unfortunately the mission ended when the last aliens fired on my shield wielding soldier (wanted to try to stun).

CTD alien firing on shield bearer.rar

And that's all for this round !

Found something weird. After the first combat mission I noticed that, when going to the Soldier screen, some of them showed weird TU values:

fmfy9.jpg

If you go into the Armoury screen then the numbers show up correctly.

I didn't notice this happening before the first mission. It only seemed to be afterwards.

Also suffering a CTD when, I think, the engineering order is complete - I chose to order 5 laser rifles and when I was playing the game suddenly crashed when I suspect they'd finished being manufactured. Attempting to reproduce that now.

Edited by chiroho
Image didn't share properly

More combat testing, focus on shields !

UI :
Need to show the TU cost for dropping / moving items in backpack / ground.

Crashes :
Can confirm that any weapon damage to a shield will crash the game.
Weapon damage shield CTD.rar

Killing the shield guy with my own grenade in one attack leaves him standing an unselectable (don"t know if he's dead)
Killing a standard soldier with our own explosives seems to work nicely though (CF Screenshot)

88493090_Suicidebombing.thumb.png.0e7d6eb9c3b242db1946daa2b9c0f7a4.png

Equipment : 
- Dropping the shield to the ground does not update the soldier apparence.
- After that the game still CTD if the soldier is fired upon, seems that the dropping is not properly updated.
(Cf screenshot and log)

Empty.thumb.png.74af1fc00425a354016f387f22c6e6bc.png

Dropped shield but still CTD on fired upon.rar

Bug - Geoscape at 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) only 1 monitor connected

Base green square, yellow square?, intercept aircraft and UFO symbols (in lower left) are not showing in correct place when playing at 4k resolution. Base was built in Western Europe as shown by correct radar range circles and intercept line

20181129174428_1.jpg

Yet another report :

General :
It is possible to change the soldiers loadout in the Skyranger after the initial mission planning, not sure if intended.

If intended will we be able to manage availability of items on the crafts ? (Like taking a heavy weapon but not equipping it on a soldier in case of ...)
(CF save and log) 
Change loadout on skyranger.rar

More combat report : focusing on stun / melee

Trying to stun apparently produce situations where crashes are more likely... 

CTD when going next to an enemy on enemy turn.

CTD standing next to enemy.rar

CTD during enemy overwatch

CTD during enemy overwatch.rar

Is it normal that a stunned alien is still targetable ?

Stunned.png.6e677be2763377e63b69f25534d72d74.png

Stunned enemy still targetable.rar

The expected behavior would be to be able to walk over it and take it's stuff. (Like in openxcom).

On the same line of thoughts is it possible to abort a mission ? (Like doing hit and run where stunning some aliens, taking them in the backpacks then aborting).

Right now we cannot.

Edited by Yandros
Typos

More crashes :

• CTD on alien turn, origin unknown (System.NullReferenceException ... at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Scripts.AIkControl.get_Target ())

CTD getTarget.rar

• Consistent Game softlock upon loading crash site :

A fatal error occurred during Update() - 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Systems.Objectives.KillTeamGCObjective

S&L :Softlock crashsite.rar

• It is also possible to assign / unassign soldiers on the way to a mission by entering the armory ...

As expected CTD upon reaching the crashsite
S&L :No soldiers.rar

More tests show that if you assign / soldiers or select an item you do not have on the skyranger produce a CTD upon reaching the crashsite.
Returning to base then going back to the crash fixes the issue.
A lot of those CTD seem to origin in the ability to change loadout en route.
If you change an item by another were a copy is owned by another soldier it sometimes do not crash.

Combat : 

• Stun Gas grenade correctly stun the enemy (can walk over them and take their stuff), the stun baton do not, they go down but remain targetable (see my previous post)
  • There is no way to change the equipped grenade type if you have several types in inventory.
  • Changing item order in the belt (inverting grenades and ammo for exemple) consume TU, it should not.

More stun related report...

• Throwing a support grenade (smoke / flash / stun) out of range will have it explode but then no effects are applied.

Expected : Support grenades explode at max range after deviation.

Stun gas grenade :

• An enemy previously stunned  woke during the alien turn (with purple smoke still active), shot me, and then was stunned again.

Is this normal, possible ?  Expected : the enemy stay stunned at least as long as the smoke is active / visible

•  Enemies stunned by a gas grenade are still counted as active, preventing combat mission victory (the icon still shows on the left and camera focus on click)

I then tried to take the bodies in inventory in the hopes of deactivating the 'active enemy' state but :

•  Backpack is too small to contain stunned enemy body
  •   Upon closing the inventory with an enemy in the primary weapon slot : CTD (cf log)

Logs : CTD inventory close enemy in primary WP slot.rar

I'll try more stuff later, still did not complete the mission once...

14 hours ago, Yandros said:

*snip*

Thanks for the (many) bug reports, and the crash logs and the save files. Some useful stuff here. I'll have a go to see if support grenades have no effect beyond range on my machine too.

Stunned enemies definitely shouldn't be waking back up again. I've not tested that myself but if you see it happening please let me know.

I'll resize their bodies so they fit in the backpack and I'll disable placing them in the Primary slot too.

15 hours ago, Yandros said:

It is possible to change the soldiers loadout in the Skyranger after the initial mission planning, not sure if intended.

Is it normal that a stunned alien is still targetable ?

On the same line of thoughts is it possible to abort a mission ? (Like doing hit and run where stunning some aliens, taking them in the backpacks then aborting).

It's not intended that you can equip units whilst the dropship is in flight, no.

No, stunned aliens shouldn't be targetable like that, that's a bug. They should count as dead. They do still drop their inventory and a stunned unit though, you're just not able to walk onto the square because the bugged alien is blocking it. Also, you can abort a mission from the Esc mission.

16 hours ago, Demon said:

Bug - Geoscape at 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) only 1 monitor connected

Base green square, yellow square?, intercept aircraft and UFO symbols (in lower left) are not showing in correct place when playing at 4k resolution. Base was built in Western Europe as shown by correct radar range circles and intercept line

Thanks. We've not tested the game on 4k monitors but it seems like that's definitely something that should look into.

17 hours ago, Yandros said:

More combat testing, focus on shields !

Yup, shields seem pretty screwed up. We'll fix the initial crash with when shield guys take damage and then see if anything else needs fixing.

18 hours ago, chiroho said:

Found something weird. After the first combat mission I noticed that, when going to the Soldier screen, some of them showed weird TU values:

If you go into the Armoury screen then the numbers show up correctly.

I didn't notice this happening before the first mission. It only seemed to be afterwards.

Also suffering a CTD when, I think, the engineering order is complete - I chose to order 5 laser rifles and when I was playing the game suddenly crashed when I suspect they'd finished being manufactured. Attempting to reproduce that now.

Interesting, thanks. That soldier screen error isn't an urgent error but I'll put it on the issue tracker anyway.

Do let me know if you're able to reproduce a crash with the engineering order - I've not seen that one myself but if you've got a save that reproduces it then we'll take a look.

18 hours ago, Yandros said:

Thanks, I didn't realise grenades weren't deviating enough at long ranges. I'm not sure it's something we'll fix immediately but at least know I know it's a problem.

Yup, looks like shield guys crash the game if they take any damage. BTW when you post up save files, would you mind not zipping them up? It trips my Windows Defender.

18 hours ago, OzoneGrif said:

Right at the mission start, the game can get stuck (see screenshot below): The UI is missing, clicking does nothing, keys to move the camera won't work. The music and animations are running, but I had to force-quit the game with ALT+F4. This save seems to reproduce the issue systematically freeze.7z . I also put the Exception at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for the reports. That freeze save is extremely useful, I can reproduce the issue at my end so I'll pass it to the programmers to fix. In future would you mind not zipping up the save files when you upload them though please? If you do it triggers Windows Defender to think they're a virus and I have to disable it to be able to download or open the file.

I've skim read your usability issues, thanks for writing those. I'll come back to them later. A few of the bugs are things we already know about and are planning to fix too. Things I hadn't noticed before were the grenade making the ammo disappear and the fact your secondary weapon becomes your primary weapon if you drop your primary, so I'll add them to the issue tracker.

19 hours ago, Yandros said:

A remaining but not critical CTD Launch aircraft => Selecting a crash site as an interceptor mission target crashe the game.

Sometimes when loading a soldier loadout the items are not present in the tab, clicking a few times / switching tabs / scrolling does seem to fix the issue. (Cf screenshot)

Thanks. The Launch Aircraft thing is a known issue, we just need to sort that out so it's context sensitive, right now it only handles air interceptions.

We'll hopefully fix the scrolling issue next build too. The scrolling doesn't reset when you change tabs so the items are still there, you just need to scroll up again to get them back.

20 hours ago, chiroho said:

I did find one weird thing. During the mission I had one soldier killed in combat without actually doing anything in the mission. They were promoted to Sergeant despite other soldiers on the mission not being promoted. Found that a bit strange.

Yeah, good spot. That's actually just placeholder text that isn't getting updated, it'll be fixed in the next build.

Hello,

wanted to ask, I tried to play V1.1 on older laptop (specs below), and it was not a pleasant experience at all.

I have an external monitor connected, res: 2560x1440 and I played on "fastest".

Geoscape was ok, but the ground mission performance was poor - barely playable - in short, I can't imagine to play the game like this.

Xenonauts-1 was absolutely smooth, not a single issue, so this took me by surprise.

Is it going to be optimized, so X-2 is playable on "office" machine, or it's here to stay and one needs a gaming gear?

Laptop specs:
Lenovo ThinkPad T530
Intel Core i7-3720QM Ivy Bridge
Intel HD Graphics 4000 + NVIDIA NVS 5400M 1GB Optimus
RAM 16GB
SSD
Windows 7

9 hours ago, Chris said:

No, stunned aliens shouldn't be targetable like that, that's a bug. They should count as dead. They do still drop their inventory and a stunned unit though, you're just not able to walk onto the square because the bugged alien is blocking it. Also, you can abort a mission from the Esc mission.

Do let me know if you're able to reproduce a crash with the engineering order - I've not seen that one myself but if you've got a save that reproduces it then we'll take a look.

I tried to reproduce the issue with stunned aliens and had the same problem. Even though the stunned alien was the last alien on the map, the mission didn't end when I stunned them. However, when I then shot and killed them the mission ended, but the report still showed that I had captured an alien. So the best of both worlds?

As for the crash, the attached save game produces a CTD right after the date rolls over to January 8th - about an hour and a half of game time. I'm not sure what's causing it because the engineering project has at least 9 hours to go, and the research project over a day. Hopefully there's something in the save that helps you figure it out.

Thanks again!

Game 1 Geoscape.json

16 hours ago, CAnon said:

Dunno if it's just a case of tiles which haven't been implemented yet, but there's a graphical glitch on the tiles surrounding destroyed haybales:

Thanks. That should be fixed in the next build.

15 hours ago, Vee said:

Hello,

wanted to ask, I tried to play V1.1 on older laptop (specs below), and it was not a pleasant experience at all.

I have an external monitor connected, res: 2560x1440 and I played on "fastest".

Geoscape was ok, but the ground mission performance was poor - barely playable - in short, I can't imagine to play the game like this.

Xenonauts-1 was absolutely smooth, not a single issue, so this took me by surprise.

Is it going to be optimized, so X-2 is playable on "office" machine, or it's here to stay and one needs a gaming gear?

Laptop specs:
Lenovo ThinkPad T530
Intel Core i7-3720QM Ivy Bridge
Intel HD Graphics 4000 + NVIDIA NVS 5400M 1GB Optimus
RAM 16GB
SSD
Windows 7

Hey - sorry you're having performance issues. The first Xenonauts is 5 years old now though and it's a purely 2D game, so X2 is almost certainly going to be more demanding than X1 was. Having said that though, we've not really optimised X2 at all so I imagine the final version will perform better than the beta ... but by how much I don't know yet, as we won't know until we start work the optimisations during Early Access.

I think you're probably asking a lot of that laptop to run stuff at 1440p, by the way - remember 1440p has nearly twice as many pixels as 1080p so it requires a lot of grunt. The GPU in your laptop might struggle with X2 anyway but you might want to try playing X2 at 1920x1080 instead as that might help.

9 hours ago, chiroho said:

I tried to reproduce the issue with stunned aliens and had the same problem. Even though the stunned alien was the last alien on the map, the mission didn't end when I stunned them. However, when I then shot and killed them the mission ended, but the report still showed that I had captured an alien. So the best of both worlds?

As for the crash, the attached save game produces a CTD right after the date rolls over to January 8th - about an hour and a half of game time. I'm not sure what's causing it because the engineering project has at least 9 hours to go, and the research project over a day. Hopefully there's something in the save that helps you figure it out.

Thanks again!

Game 1 Geoscape.json

That crash is actually the game timing out and trying to display the "game over" screen. Not sure why it's crashing though, it works fine in most cases. The save will help us track it down though so thanks for that.

Yeah the stunned aliens are bugged at the moment and aren't properly being removed as active enemy units when they're stunned. We'll fix that up for the next build and then stunning aliens should hopefully work fine.

Quick public service announcement for everyone - we've now got a dedicated forum for bug reports that you can see below - please post your bugs up in there: 

The formatting rules for the thread title are pretty easy to understand if you look at the threads already present (I've renamed them), but there's also a sticky at the top of the forum that explains the system if you need any clarification.

These two threads have been extremely useful for the first batch of feedback on the initial buids, but I think now it's going to be more useful to have specific forum as it means it's much easier for people to see if a bug has already been reported or not. Let me know if you guys have any questions!