A proper new name for this game and our force..

Xenonauts was a game. Xenonauts 2 is a proper-well made-updated-good working-professional game as a remake of the Xenonauts..

If we would have a series, naming this game like the second iteration of the first game will be very wrong.. because if you make a third game, it would be very confusing series as the 2. one is a remake..

Xenonauts is not a force name too like X-Com.. it's like a name for about a job simulation. Like an astronaut simulation.. it's not a name of an event too like After***** series..

We need a proper name.. something much cooler..  

I prefer a force name.. we can name it X-Shield, X-Division, X-Haters.. you got the idea.. as a remake, it could have a second name as "Xenonauts".. 

First Wave - Xenonauts could be nice too if we want to use an event name.. 

Rather then the game, we need a name for the force of Xenonauts.. we don'T have a name.. we don't have a logo.. we are just random.. it feels week.. "We are ******, defending the earth..." who??

As the kickstarter started as name of Xenonauts 2, to make the people know what it is.. but now you can change it to something else.. it's a good time for it..

1 hour ago, drages said:

Xenonauts is not a force name too like X-Com.

xeno-sacrifice.png

But I do agree, it is kinda lame. I don't think now is the time to change it considering people who liked the first will be relating it to the second. Not all sales come from the kickstarter afterall.

Edited by ApolloZani

I've always thought that the organization's name was X.E.N.O. or Xeno, and that its members were the Xenonauts, although I have to agree that they are not meant to travel with/through "xeno" (as the construct would suggest; see astro/cosmo/spacenauts, and argonauts).

Perhaps this explanation was introduced by the Crimson Dagger novel?

• Like 1

The above thread already discussed the subtitle name for the game, I think @drages is saying that while the game might be called "Xenonauts: Secret War" (or something like that), the actual task force themselves should have a different name, in his opinion.  So the secret organisation and its soldiers might be called something different.  I don't think it's necessary, why change something that works.

Edited by RustyNayle