Chris - Out of Office (& Mini Update)

So for roughly the next month (until late August) I'm only going to be logging onto this forum occasionally - and I'll be responding to emails and direct messages much more slowly than normal.

Why? I'm getting married next week, and then I'm going to be heading off on my honeymoon for a couple of weeks a few days afterwards. The rest of the team will still be busily working away in my absence, but I won't be around to do the usual community management stuff. If you see people on the forums asking questions for the devs and getting annoyed that they're not getting a response, please point them to this thread!

I'm very much looking forward to having a holiday - I'm sure those of you here who are married will know all to well how stressful it is to organise a wedding, and to do all that while also running a Kickstarter campaign and doing all the planning required to keep Goldhawk running for a month has been pretty exhausting! It'll be nice to have a couple of weeks to chill out before I come back and have to start worrying about the upcoming closed beta :)

I don't have time to write a proper dev update unfortunately, but these are a few of the things we're planning to be working on in the next month:

• Finishing up the realtime Geoscape and interceptor / UFO movement etc
  • Adding the basics of the new air combat prototype into the game
  • Adding the soldier backpack allowing units to switch weapons in combat
  • Making units drop their equipment on death, and allowing soldiers to pick things up from the ground
  • Some upgrades to the ground combat AI
  • Adding few unique weapons (e.g. combat shield) and weapon properties (lasers recharging their clips, etc)
  • Adding explosive terrain objects / units that can explode on death
  • Getting the MARS vehicle working properly in the ground combat (crushing things, exploding when destroyed, not screaming when shot, etc)
  • Rewriting the unit movement logic so you can move multiple soldiers simulatenously
  • A bunch more fixes / updates to the map editor to help us support semi-randomised maps

I'm sure I'll be brimming with enthusiasm when I get back, and hopefully most / all of the above will be waiting for me when I do!

• Like 4

I had no idea so much was happening in the background; I'm fairly new to the forums, but I still hope you have a lovely, very relaxing holiday (I know after attending a few weddings and being the best man for one that they aren't particularly relaxing, but I hope the honeymoon makes up for it!).

• 3 weeks later...