Why does every XCOM clone remove next features?

1) Research entry for each alien captured alive:

Seriously, does EVERY developer who creates XCOM clones hate capturing each one alive?

2) Fatigue mechanism for original:

Well, this one I can understand, it was kind of frustrating :P

There are other features I've noticed them removing, but I can't now remember them.. That or they don't actual remove them, just change them always.

1) Research entry for each alien captured alive:

Seriously, does EVERY developer who creates XCOM clones hate capturing each one alive?

This will be added at a later date and capturing the aliens is a possibility.

2) Fatigue mechanism for original:

Well, this one I can understand, it was kind of frustrating :P

There are other features I've noticed them removing, but I can't now remember them.. That or they don't actual remove them, just change them always

I'm glad that Fatigue was removed because it was simply an annoying mechanic that didn't add anything to the game play.

I seem to recall more detail on the soldiers experience, you could see their progression from the last mission on each soldier's stat screen? Would like that back.

Blaster bombs blaster bombs.... I loved them too much to give them up, there HAS to be a way to make them work! Yes, even if it means giving the aliens limited numbers of them too...

Cattle mutilation. They need to add back in all the great 'cheese' of the original story lines. Start watching old X-Files episodes, please.

The sheer fun of the hip mounted gatling gun is gone, although I do enjoy opening up with the M-60.

In the original you could shoot down small scoutships and only have to deal with one pilot, easy mission to get a few bucks and start some early tech research. Would be nice to get that back.

Finally, there were way more countries in the original. It would be nice to see more detail in the geo-map and more countries broken up by borders, with major cities shown on zoom. It gives the game a more realistic feel.

I seem to recall more detail on the soldiers experience, you could see their progression from the last mission on each soldier's stat screen? Would like that back.

EU never had that. It only showed you total gains from the day they started

I mean in general. Xenonauts is going to have live alien capture research pages, but most XCOM clones have at most only autopsies with live alien research being only to further main research line in order to discover alien motivations and later get final mission.

I mean in general. Xenonauts is going to have live alien capture research pages, but most XCOM clones have at most only autopsies with live alien research being only to further main research line in order to discover alien motivations and later get final mission.

I don't think that I am following you. What do you want live alien capture research to include beyond those things that are relevant to future research? Are you thinking about something like a dosier for each alien that tells you things like what planet they were born on, what lab they were cloned in, etc.?

I don't think that I am following you. What do you want live alien capture research to include beyond those things that are relevant to future research? Are you thinking about something like a dosier for each alien that tells you things like what planet they were born on, what lab they were cloned in, etc.?

I meant that... Well

UFO: Aftermath, besides capturing live reticulan for intergation, capturing live enemies only speeds up research speed of their autopsies.

UFO: Aftershock, you can't even capture most aliens except few ones for weapon research.

UFO: Afterlight, you can only capture aliens for extremely sort fluff text explaining why you get ability to research other tech from capturing aliens.

UFO: Extraterrestrials, You can't capture aliens unless they are commanders which you need to capture mutliple times to advance in story.

UFO: Alien Invasion, you need to capture certain number of live aliens to discover that

they have hive mind.

, you don't get alien specific research entries at all(well, you do get autopsies, but not live alien research ones), you only get them based on numbers you have captured.

Huh, rather many XCOM type games are named UFO... Anyway, you can see my point?

On research

In EU each gave you some info - Navigators about missions, Engineers about ships etc, so everyone had some value.

I'd like to see that too. I'm sure I read that there are classes of each alien, so hopefully this is something that's possible.

On fatigue

I liked fatigue. It added lots of tension to missions. They became battles of endurance as well as wits sometimes.

On blaster bombs

Blaster Bombs are unbalancing. You can donate a couple of hundred thousand and you will get the option to mod them in :)

On UFOlogy

I'd like to see the old Ufology referred to. But that's not at all likely as Chris has his own ideas. They are not 'cheesy' :)

On cool weapons

Yup, miss the autocannon. Not just in this game, but every game.

On small scouts

i think the light scout is supposed to fulfil this function. I think it's the reason it was added.

On geoscape

Yup, I'd like to see more cities, but if there's no real functionality behind them it's less necessary. It does show you that you ahve a world to protect, when you get to imagine the sheer number of people in all of those cities.

The one aspect of capturing alien alive is that it was a fun challenge to run up and capture on with a stun gun or shock one from a blast instead of wily-nilly killing them all. You got more money and loot form them, and interesting research you must do to further the game story. It forced you to use your Xenonauts to acts of bravery to capture a live alien. I hope it makes it back in.

Fatigue was a nice addition if possible for game play. Also, I loved the cow mutilation and folklore of original XCOM and X-files.

On research

In EU each gave you some info - Navigators about missions, Engineers about ships etc, so everyone had some value.

I'd like to see that too. I'm sure I read that there are classes of each alien, so hopefully this is something that's possible.

On fatigue

I liked fatigue. It added lots of tension to missions. They became battles of endurance as well as wits sometimes.

i am totally agree and hopes these 2 features will be maintain.

fatigue give more sense and depth in tactical combat, and fatigue differentiate soldiers and vehicles.

epic games are made from all these tiny yet realistic features. :o