Chris

Xenonauts-2 Air Combat Prototype & Effects on Strategy Layer

As it looks not, but if you played the good old X-Com Titels (Enemy Unknown / Terror from the Deep and Apocalypse) you will get a flashback. :p You wanna play the Beta as fast as possible to check it out.

But we have to wait 1,5 more Month to do that.

I hope the Developers from Hoi 4 take themselfs time to make a very big new Patch (1.6) to fix all old Bugs / not correctly Features from all existing DLC´s / Patches and get the new integretaded features from the new Patch and DLC as bugfree as possible.

So that we can concentrate on the Closed Beta for Xenonauts 2 and the cool playabilitytests for Squadron 303 with upcoming new features / missing features.

Edited by Alienkiller

If this 2D air combat part of the game is like this snip-it we have just seen, I will opting for an auto air resolution?

Hello everybody!

I have had the pleasure of reading all about the new Xenonauts 2 and new air combat mechanic sounds like fun to learn!

Don't get me wrong.. Personally Xenonauts 1 air combat was my favourite of this genre.

One must admit that the repeativeness and lack of variety was one bad thing to say about it. But it was fun to learn.

But after reading all the comments I wanted to leave my few thought that I personally had combined from all the comments given to topic.

Thoughts about regional map  and airbases for xenonauts2:

Regional map that would have separare airbases and the "single main ant base in missile silo" would be just fantastic.

One thing I would love to see is xenonaut controlled aircraft carriers to sea.. devs please let us have one or 2 and maybe subnautic ones that emerge..!

Alternative: They don't have to move. If that is issue. Maybe build on some sunken island base and then the launch areas could emerge and catch vtols. Just idea anyway.

I hope that goes to think tank and some one draws pretty concept picture of hidden aircraft carrier emerging from sea.. Xenonaut organisation would be ever more cool :P

Also I hope each region could have their own air base under xenonauts control. Do not confuse refer to region to each country tho... Would kinda make sense to me at least.

Should a region fall they would reveal the air base and therefore be lost.

Aircombat:

One thing I highly hope is that there should be ALOT variety in UFO even they are same class.

Give us a good reason for aircombat to analyze the opponent, it could be a recon mission, equipment to aircrafts.. just I hope it would be meaningful part of the game.

Another thing I hope is tactic or reasoning for behavior to diffrent alien crafts based maybe on the missions they are doing.

Example: If you encounter research craft and damage it why would it stick around? I hope some crafts would bail more easy if you cant take em down in single attack run.

I hope aircombat get as much importance as ground missions. I gotta say that I liked more playing air combat than ground mission in the long run.

I might be rare player for that matter but please I hope air combat would.. wide range of options like the ground combat is.

Pilots and drones topic:

If the new air combat is to be actions of pilots, I hope there would be interface to give orders to them.

Even you give order to simply attack I hope the options to also cancel mid attack (example draw fire and bail before getting hit, yet remain in battle) or eject for that matter.

I noticed lot of talk about drones too. Sound like a easy way to simplify the game mechanic.. yet most of us hope for real topguns!

Another way to go around would be that each country could have crappy stock pilots.. and the hero pilots you could recover from missions.

Silly suggestion to spin around here: Some pilots could have some character in em, leaving maybe room for audio recording for em? Just a idea anyway.

Last thoughts:

Again I am happy to hear xenonauts 2 will have new air combat game mechanic. Cant wait to give it a try!

Keep up the good work!