Chris

Xenonauts-2 Base System Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Rodmar18 said:

We could have the best of two systems.

Yeah it could be.. but there is two details here..

1. Having 2 views of base to build something would be very tiresome for players.. it's like playing tetris at a 3D space. It looks cool but after a short time, you will see that it's very difficult to plan and execute.. 

2. You don't need so many buildings to need a huge 3D base.. imagine an xenonauts 1 or xcom base with 3 floor.. so basicly 3x bigger.. even 1 base mostly enough to have all your workshop, scientists, soldiers, stores and some hangars in it.. so a 3x base would be overkill..

On 8/14/2018 at 4:11 PM, drages said:

Yeah it could be.. but there is two details here..

1. Having 2 views of base to build something would be very tiresome for players.. it's like playing tetris at a 3D space. It looks cool but after a short time, you will see that it's very difficult to plan and execute.. 

2. You don't need so many buildings to need a huge 3D base.. imagine an xenonauts 1 or xcom base with 3 floor.. so basicly 3x bigger.. even 1 base mostly enough to have all your workshop, scientists, soldiers, stores and some hangars in it.. so a 3x base would be overkill..

I always build 2 additional bases close to the main one for research. My 200+ scientists need laboratories and sleeping spots.

Engineering was done in main base due to the storage system.

We already know that ground combat should occur on a 2D-grid, generic map built around a command center, whatever the real layout is. The later discussion here is only about base management, i.e. space management, related building order, and management gameplay (and eye-candy).