what is the most powerful weapon in the game implemented?

There will be another weapon tier beyond the plasma. We don't know what it is.

He said "implemented", and i told him what is the most powerful alien weapon implemented...disclosed right now, not which is most powerful ever. How'd you get to captain a space ship with those reading skills mister i surrender?

ah... but is implemented in the game?

Not for soldiers, i don't play they demo until the end, but there are UI images for it as well as alien sprites using it, but no soldier sprites using it.

He said "implemented", and i told him what is the most powerful alien weapon implemented...disclosed right now, not which is most powerful ever. How'd you get to captain a space ship with those reading skills mister i surrender?

I wasn't sure if plasma was implemented (actually available in game), I though you were simply telling him what you thought was the most powerful weapon in general.

ah... but is implemented in the game?

indeed, but what has been implemented as objects for soldiers(weapon, stuff etc) in the game?

As you see the OP didn't find you clear enough either.

I know it's not 1970's (well, actually, mini-guns WERE designed in Vietnam...)

But I REALLY MISS THE JESSIE VENTURA STYLE STRAP-ON MINI-GUN!!!

Nothing gave me greater pleasure than lighting that sucker up with flame rounds on a barn and cornfield in the middle of the night! Made dem greys burn REEEEEAL GUUUUDE!!!

I've never actually made it through the game enough to get lasers (new version of the game comes out and I start all over again). Not that I've needed them. Right now in early game the weapons you have are fine.

Rockets are powerful, but messy and can make you lose resources if you fire them into a UFO (or accidentally kill civis if you use them in the open).

Machine guns are powerful...they rock, but are likely to kill civis and your own troops if used at too great a range. But they can also be used to balst through walls w/out making as big a mess as rockets (no poisonous gas clouds and no burny hurting fire left in their wake).

Precision rifles are powerful and really don't have a lot of a down side. They're slow for close range use, but they almost always drop your target in one shot. Accurate at ranges even farther out than your enemies. They won't blast through walls, but you don't really need that if you've got others around to do it for you.

All the weapons above are heavy and can slow you down until your troops are trained up and beefy strong.

Personally, I try to bring one rocket launcher, one or two precision rifles and one or two machine guns on every mission (depends on my soldiers). I also outfit my tanks with machine guns rather than rockets. Their movement rate makes them easier to use for taking out physical obstacles (I let my soldiers do the killing so they will level up while my tanks act as advanced scouts and do some wall busting).

I also try to bring two shotgun/grenade soldiers along for UFO penetration (grenades outside at distance, shotguns up close). The rest of my squad take assault rifles or whatever they can comfortably carry given AP and STR.

Edited by mrsisk

They were never really in any build.

You could get them to work with a bit of file tweaking but they didn't work well.

They just fired a cone with the same effect as a rocket hit.

The plan is for them to be a template based, area of effect weapon that ignores cover.

The flame bouncing back from walls looks like it could be good as well.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/22-Flamethrower-Mechanics?p=180&viewfull=1#post180