Xenonauts-2 Kickstarter Now Live!

The Xenonauts-2 Kickstarter page is now live and can be accessed here! 

We've been talking about this Kickstarter for so long that it's a little bit surreal to finally press the button and see it go live ... but it's out there now, and everyone here at Goldhawk HQ has their fingers crossed that the next 30 days goes well! We'd hugely appreciate any support you guys were willing to give us, particularly if you're willing to help us get off to a strong start by backing us in the first 24 hours!

All the information you need is on the Kickstarter page, but if you want to help us by spreading the word then please:

• Tell any friends you think might be interested in the game!
  • Mention our Kickstarter campaign in any gaming communities that you are part of!
  • Upvote our announcement on Reddit!
  • Retweet our Twitter announcement!
  • Anything else you can think of!

Anyone that backs the Kickstarter is eligible to vote for the ordering of the stretch goals on our Google Forms poll during the first week of the Kickstarter. If you want to vote, the poll can be accessed here.

A few brief points of interest to anyone that has been following the Kickstarter planning:

• Every custom soldier (£35+) is now eligible for a custom portrait created through the Portrait Editor, rather than this being limited to the £75 tier
  • I decided to remove the £75 and £100 tiers entirely
  • We fixed a couple of bugs in the Portrait Editor that meant red hair was not working, and certain skin tones did not show eyes if you switched immediately to them

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask them here. I suspect I'll be pretty active on the forums and the Kickstarter page over the next couple of days :D

• Like 2

Backed! :o

As a former member of the team, I know personally how much passion Chris and the whole team at Goldhawk are putting into the making of Xenonauts.. I sincerely hope that the general public will be able to feel it too and reward you guys with a solid pledge!

Let's go get funded now! :cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giovanni said:

Backed! :o

As a former member of the team, I know personally how much passion Chris and the whole team at Goldhawk are putting into the making of Xenonauts.. I sincerely hope that the general public will be able to feel it too and reward you guys with a solid pledge!

Let's go get funded now! :cool:

Thanks Giovanni - nice to see you again! :)

Very decent start

Not having the £75/£100 looks a little unusual. But there's no point adding needless fluffery, if it's more trouble than its worth.

Need to sign into a google account to vote? hmmm.

The numbers have gone up rapidly even as I've typed this.

Huzzah, this show is on the road! Sadly none of my lacklustre family would lend me the £465 needed to get me to that top tier (something along the lines of "get a job you layabout"). First Lieutenant will have do.

The artwork on the video looks ace. In a lot of ways, it seems much more realistic than high-budget games. Kinda like how the old '80s films used miniature props instead of CGI, and those props looked much better than the special effects of the next twenty years to come.

I hope that the kickstarter goes well and that you can afford to take the game to a great level. Good luck!

Backed as Captain.

+1700 backers now...numbers are rising while watching..."that escalated quickly"

I would like to vote, but will never use G+ or anything like it. You got my list before you closed that one thread.

I wish you a great success with that campaign!!!

Edited by thixotrop

Huh, I looked at the Kickstarter, got saddened by the fact that the £200 tier was already all gone and then updated the site 5 minutes later to discover that there were 10 more slots now! Awesome! I was actually planning on adding my old man to the game instead of me, because my head looks incredibly funny I decided in portraits, mainly because my ears aren't visible at all because of the width of my face and how little they stick out to the sides.

Already looking forward to testing the game out more!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks guys - this is all pretty crazy for me and the rest of the team. We were expecting to hit the target and hopefully go beyond it, but I didn't think I'd be have to post a "100% Funded!" update after eight and a half hours!

For comparison, the Kickstarter for Xenonauts 1 made $28,000 in its first full day. I was honestly thinking that we'd make less on our Kickstarter this time around because there's far more competition in the genre than there used to be, Kickstarter isn't the new and cool thing that it used to be six years ago, and we've made a conscious decision to have a digital-only Kickstarter despite knowing we'll have a smaller cash total at the end of it compared to one with physcial rewards. So I'm pretty amazed that everything's gone this well!

The only problem is that the Kickstarter seems so popular it keeps taking our servers down (and our forums with it!)

• Like 1

Congratulations Chris and the team! Well done!

The new gameplay clips in the kickstarter video look amazing. The visuals are by far the best I've seen in this genre. Also, the new Mass Effect 1 styled retro synth music tease at the end of the video is exactly what I want in the atmosphere department. Now go and spend that hard earned kickstarter cash and finish the damn game already! :D

Edited by Skitso

Impressive go so far. Got 2 stretch goals so far and it looks like you'll be able to get a bit more as it progresses. I know that I'll be adding in a bit more money once I get it . It's a little difficult with the changes to Euros and Kickstarter not listing everything in one currency type. 

I am a bit sad that only one of the stretch goals I wanted is in the top three, but if it gets you more money, I can live with it. I can always try my hand at modding. I did give myself some interesting ideas talking about the features you wanted to implement. 

Happily backed and damn glad to see this is coming together so nicely, X1 was fantastic and everything I have seen so far makes me love the Look and Feel of X2 so far.

Original XCOM games were my life on Amiga when they first came out and X1 just felt perfect after such a long wait for something like it.

You guys are Awesome!