Arzmatic

Quality Assurance Experience

Hey guys,

So I’m trying to put a foot into the creative industry however, for the game tester jobs I’ve looked at they ask for you to have previous experience with quality assurance software which I don’t have. 

If anyone can offer any QA roles or even just experience in the role then please contact me via my email @:rushaun9@hotmail.com

I don't know much to help you out. At the place I work at now, most of the QA is done in-house. I think it is only the big places that do game testers. One thing I do know though is that the big places really require you to live in the area so you can test in person. Most AAA studios won't send you their work so you can do it remotely.

---
Like it has been already hinted, becoming a "professional-beta-tester" especially nowadays isn't nowadays done all that "old-fashioned"-ways
( E.G. via public job-callings and such ).

As far as i am aware all the (paid-)quality-assurance-folks have gotten into the business via word-of-mouth or otherwise making a "portfolio" by helping the developers making the games better.
Obviously a lot of smaller game-development-studios either try their best at QA themselves or they rely completely on other players / their customers;
usually the latter seemingly in the end still ends up being more reliable way to discover bugs and such anyways
( especially when you get "passion-coders" into your customer-list that are also willing to share their finding publicly or not ).

So yeah, as "dream-crushing" as this may sound like, becoming a Quality-Assurance-personally nowadays has a lower chance than winning in a (Finnish) lotto (7+2 from the pool of 1-40-numbers).

But who knows, maybe if you help around enough to get noticed, perhaps one day you might get hired into QA-job regardless how low of the chances nowadays are
( especially since the tools for debugging have gotten a lot more better;
obviously a lot of time many simply choose to not use them, but they're still there. )

---
---
---