Can we get a overwatch lock in Xenonauts 2? Also can we have a Knife too?

So long story short, my squads heavy weapons guy just mowed down my entire group and killed troops i had since the start because some xeno scum walked past us. Now after exploding rage, i thought about how a overwatch "lock" that prevents overwatch from triggering would be amazing and would reduce deaths by massive amounts. Also just another tiny idea but can we get a knife/bayonet weapon for our troops, just so if one of our guys run out of ammo while a reaper lovingly stares at their fleshy bits, they can have a fighting chance instead of just impotently slapping the reaper and them being turned into a walking xeno day care centre. 

• Bookshelf11 changed the title to Can we get a overwatch lock in Xenonauts 2? Also can we have a Knife too?
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have a lot of memories from Xeno1 of my squaddies getting mowed down from behind by a machine gunner’s reaction fire. Seemed like they were really good at spraying their own squad, and rarely hit they Xeno that would trigger the fire....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 5:21 PM, Bookshelf11 said:

So long story short, my squads heavy weapons guy just mowed down my entire group and killed troops i had since the start because some xeno scum walked past us. Now after exploding rage, i thought about how a overwatch "lock" that prevents overwatch from triggering would be amazing and would reduce deaths by massive amounts. Also just another tiny idea but can we get a knife/bayonet weapon for our troops, just so if one of our guys run out of ammo while a reaper lovingly stares at their fleshy bits, they can have a fighting chance instead of just impotently slapping the reaper and them being turned into a walking xeno day care centre. 

Yeah, it's not perfect, but you can work around that. You can either spend their TU by turning them until below what they need to fire or just turn them with the back to the enemy so they don't see them. Also it's not that wise to put troops in front of your heavy gunners, but I know it can't always be helped.