General Progress Update!

I don't think Chris was promising to invent a whole new playing style so much as look at the engine and see if the feature could be activated ;)

We all know the tech exists to do borderless windows, just not if the game we are currently discussing here will support them.

Totally agree on that, but borderless window looks exactly like fullscreen except that it actually runs in a window, hence the increased stability. But since it seems perfectly fine at fullscreen I guess it would be redundant.

On an unrelated note, my cat scratches on the window when she wants in, and she usually pics the after midnight horror movie session for that ^-^ No better way to toughen up if stuff like that bugs you

Probably you mean it's not possible "in your engine" or something similar. There are other games like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 who have an option for Windowed (Fullscreen). Basically it's like fullscreen just windowed. You can have another window in front of the game.

It's useful when I Live Stream a game. It does not mess up the streaming program.

It should be possible with most games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any idea when the game will be released ? Now with kickstarter there are many things now which have to be included. Is the plan to release the game this year still alive ? Or will it be delayed now because there are so many things to do now after kickstarter !?

Edited by MacGyverDTH

I think we need to wait and see until the effects from the kickstarter money starts showing to Chris and Goldhawk before he can make a new estimate.

There was someone on the kickstarter comment section that had something to say about more people affecting the speed of a project and mythical man months or something.

I think the point of raising the money was so they could hire people to do all the new stuff that they promised in the Kickstarter and not have the development schedule affected by the new features. That's just my guess though, Chris?

I still don't know when it'll be released - though the money should speed things up. Also, we're working on the desert tileset at the moment and we'll probably do the icy / tundra tileset before we do the Soviet Town too, because that'll have less buildings in it so we can get it done faster.

you had a decent amount of core engine code in before kick starter, and without having to keep the versions stable during kickstarter (as you weren't releasing them to the public) should have increased pace a bit, core engine wise especially.

Our engine is third-party. We just spent bloody ages messing around with multi-tile rendering recently (took two weeks) but now we've got through that we've back to implementing new features and things are going much faster.

Yeah, the AI work is going to account for a lot of it. I'm chatting to the AI coder about how we can speed things up.

• Chris locked this topic