General Progress Update!

Chris offered me a $10 refund on my pre-order, because I paid for it earlier, when the price was higher. I said 'no', because, like some of those above, I think this game's worth it. If I had the needed programming skills, I'd also happily offer to help with that end of it, too.

• 1 month later...

A question on tile sets.

XCOM had 7 tile sets (not counting bases):

1. farmland

2. city

3. woodland

4. jungle

5. desert

6. mountain

7. arctic

Will Xenonauts follow the same way? I`m most interested in woodland/jungle sets as those were specifically enjoyable especially when dealing with mutons (who blended with the landscape so darn pretty) and chrysalids (who`s appearance in jungle was just very atmospheric and terrifying).

Also desert set is supposed to be dull and... well, deserted :) Few sub-maps with cactuses of various combinations/sizes and density, lots of sandy sets with just nothing but sand on it, few hills - this is all that desert actually needs. Spice those with various snake/scorpion/brushes/cactus/holes tiles and rare skeletons - and you`ll get an enjoyable map. Put an oasis 15x15/20x20 in size with various palm-trees and other oasis growth to appear on some desert maps if you feel sand-only maps to be very dull. A small group of adobes or perhaps some desert-man camps could also fit well, but only if used as rare as oasis. Seeing those too frequent will break the filling of the desert IMO.

Damn, I didn't think it was possible to get this excited anymore about a game at this age. Thank you for that ^_^

Anyway, I was wondering if playing in a borderless window was possible (especially in a slow burn game like this, alt-tabbing stability is a must).

regards

Davoren

Borderless windows aren't possible (yet - we've not looked at it). However the game should be perfectly stable with Alt-tab and if it isn't for any reason then let me know.

Probably you mean it's not possible "in your engine" or something similar. There are other games like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 who have an option for Windowed (Fullscreen). Basically it's like fullscreen just windowed. You can have another window in front of the game.

It's useful when I Live Stream a game. It does not mess up the streaming program.

• Chris locked this topic