New mode idea (semi-ironman)

Hi, thank you for making amazing games :)
I would love a game mode where soldiers cannot die, but instead get incapacitated for about a month or so. This would be harsh enough to punish mistakes, but not as bad as losing them completely in ironman mode. I love playing without save scumming on higher difficulties, but ironman pushes it too much to the extreme, at least for me.

I'd appreciate playing like that. So you could pull through a mission with only a single soldier left alive but then that wouldn't destroy your playthrough entirely. That way, missions could be geared to a difficulty a few notches higher. It'd also help in those instances where one of your best soldiers gets killed seemingly out of nowhere - it wouldn't ruin your day because you could get them back at some point. But I reckon that a lot of people appreciate the danger of perma-death, it just depends what you consider to be fun overall given that frustration is a key part. Maybe the system would need some long term punishment, like that the soldier suffers a dent in their stats which takes several months' training to recover; or that if the soldier suffers enough damage (gib death) then they don't come back (unless the surgeons are really good at jigsaws).

It'd be pretty easy to implement as a toggleable option, but it's not something I intend to include in the "normal" game and thus it's not important enough for us to work on at the moment. I suggest you post up the suggestion again once we're in Early Access because we'll be polishing and improving the game at that point rather than implementing core features, so we'll be in a better position to work on that sort of optional tweak.

Maybe a sub-option under that toggleable option to make you carry the downed soldiers back to teleporter/dropship if you decide to bail the mission in order to save them?

Flashbacks of me desperately carrying my favorite sniper back to Charlie-1 because maybe that was a thing in the game, maybe it said something like that in the loading screen and I just didn't see it. She can't just die like that no! I will not accept that! It will be fine when I carry her back to our dropship... It's gonna be just like before. She didn't even get to play with her new laser rifle... I just need to carry her back that's all... Why would Goldhawk implement carrying soldiers around if this wasn't it WHY OH GOD WHY....