Different ammos for different fire mode?

Rodmar18

Hello,

I still have to practice why the how-to-add-a-new-weapon tutorial by Mikhail Ragulin, but I'd like to know before hand if it's possible to have a weapon with:

- two fire modes, single and burst;

- two ammo effects (damage, radius, type, ...), one ammo effect for each fire mode;

- a single ammo clip (or cell).

Also, I've seen in  weapons_gc.xml a <ammos><ammos/> structure that could possibly contain several <ammo></ammo> definitions, but is it really meant to work?

So far, I've seen weapons that can fire different ammo clips (rockets), and weapons that fire same ammo in single and burst fire (rifles).

[ADDED]

Perhaps I'm more readable if I give some examples:

A plasma caster (same plasma battery ammo clip for man-portable version, no visible ammo for mounted version) would have two fire modes, the same way a rifle is proposed two fire modes: single fire and burst fire (only in this case, they both use the same ammo projectile, thus effect on impact).

1)Burst fire would implement the rapid-fire support plasma gun that is described in Xenopaedia, but nowhere to be seen in vanilla Xenonauts (X:CE didn't correct this, even in the balance component, because it wasn't considered as a bug, may be).

2)Single fire would copy what is currently implemented in vanilla: the plasma bomb of old.

However, I don't want to design two different ammo "clips" to achieve that (a rapid-fire plasma battery, and a plasma bomb battery). If not possible, I'll better stick to the "Projectiles Overhaul" mod which deletes the Single Fire mode and defines a Burst Fire mode with the desired rapid-fire effect.

Another example would be a medikit that could be used to heal Morale damage, aside but not on top of the current Health damage healing. The operator would be thus proposed two "fire" modes: Heal and Tranquilize

Edited by Rodmar18