XDivision technology tree

JoshT

Technology tree for XDivision 0.99.5x

Technology tree for XDivision 0.99.4x

First of all, you will be need yEd Graph Editor.

How to use:
1. Run yEd
2. Windows > Structure View
3. Windows > Context Views > Neighborhood

Example how to use

1.gif

How to read:
1. Same color & style - condition "AND"
2. Different color & style - condition "OR"
3. 2.png

Example how to read:

3.png

Edited by JoshT

Nice, the predecessor window is very useful if you want to know what you need in order to get a certain technology, while the successor window allows you to see what a research/item/weapon may potentially lead into.

I dont think you will be able to accurately display the % for each research

Unbenannt.png

but can you mark the as a chance for people to understand that each optional datahack has a chance to unlock the successing research ? Like SebillianDataHack1 | 20 | % ?

Perfect, thank you :).

I also think the % makes it clear how many possible combinations there are to unlock a research. If you see 4 different % numbers you instantly realise that there are 4 possible combinations to unlock a research + the numbers correspond with each other normally. Thats easier than to connect colored lines in your head.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Charon

• 1 month later...

@JoshT There is no update for .45 version. The whole .4X versions use the same tech tree to keep savegame compability. I am talking about the next .5 version, which you can already admire on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/charon117

Here is the one used for it: researches.xml

It is basically all fixes and revisions which accumulated during the .4X period.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey @JoshT are you still there ?

There were some suggestions about the tech tree, and specifically the question that the tree actually does not contain what a research actually does. So something like a collapsible descritpion of what research X is doing would be interesting. Thats the "When finished" column.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the tech tree, but I am not sure I understand how to use it in any depth. My current issue is whether the quantum cryptology centre unlock is bugged or not. According to the tech tree, the one and only requirement is "Alienbasedatacore" which in turn requires "Items.alienbasecore". I have raided two alien outposts, which has given me one "Alien Base Core" and more than one week has passed. But I do not have the research option for the cryptology centre. I know there is an element of chance in the tech tree, so maybe that didn't trigger? Have I missed the chance to ever get a cryptology centre?

• 3 years later...

My current issue is whether the quantum cryptology centre unlock is bugged or not. According to the tech tree, the one and only requirement is "Alienbasedatacore" which in turn requires "Items.alienbasecore".

I have raided two alien outposts, which has given me one "Alien Base Core" and more than one week has passed.

But I do not have the research option for the cryptology centre.

I know there is an element of chance in the tech tree, so maybe that didn't trigger.

Have I missed the chance to ever get a cryptology centre.

Rentals Only

• 7 months later...

Hello fellow Generals/Base Leaders/Master Pilots,

im playing the X-Division mod for quite a while now. Its tough, but manageable. While checking the air combat videos, i found some interceptors which seem to be from Phase 2 (Lotus/Firebird?), as the player is using them in the first Phase 3 Wave. Im deep into Phase 3 now and still cant build them. Seems some Tech is missing.

Sadly the Techtree download seems to be corrupted. While i get the File with the correct format (.graph or something), it will have a size of 0 Bytes and is not openable with yED. Are there any workarounds or updated techtrees? Im currently playing V 1.00.10 so maybe that 0.99 techtrees are outdated anyway?

Best Regards and have a nice 2023 !

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 9:53 AM, Snorrsen said:

Hello fellow Generals/Base Leaders/Master Pilots,

im playing the X-Division mod for quite a while now. Its tough, but manageable. While checking the air combat videos, i found some interceptors which seem to be from Phase 2 (Lotus/Firebird?), as the player is using them in the first Phase 3 Wave. Im deep into Phase 3 now and still cant build them. Seems some Tech is missing.

Sadly the Techtree download seems to be corrupted. While i get the File with the correct format (.graph or something), it will have a size of 0 Bytes and is not openable with yED. Are there any workarounds or updated techtrees? Im currently playing V 1.00.10 so maybe that 0.99 techtrees are outdated anyway?

Best Regards and have a nice 2023 !

I found a Tech Tree file inside the X-Division instalation folder. Its the 99.5 version but still better than nothing.