Comments on latest demo - 10/29/17

I finally got around to playing the latest demo, and figured I'd drop in my 2c:

Please, for the love of god, tell me those map textures are placeholders.  I'm holding out hope that since this game is still in Alpha/Beta, that that's the case.

I LOVE the new Sebellians!  They have a mini-godzilla feel to them :-)  I also like the new Ceasans, or whatever you're calling them now, those were the same types of Sectoids in XCOM EU/EW that I liked.  The ones in XCOM 2 are garbage to me.  I like the creepy-crawlies, not the upright humanoid types!

I loved the soldier sprites, or models, or what-have-you.  The move fairly fluid, and are very nicely detailed.

The weapon swap idea - absolutely genius!  Way to go on that one!

I can't shoot around corners, but they can?  I had several situations where I was standing on a corner and trying to shoot at something, but the wall directly in front of me would block the shot.  However if the roles were switched, aliens had no problems shooting me through walls.  Some of them could even shoot through the whole corner!

I love the new ship design!  I absolutely loved the ships in X1, but being static objects like that really took away from what you could do to them, like in the originals.  Pretty to look at, but not very functional.  Being tile-based now, or however you want to put it, modular?  Sure.  Means people can mod them, or create their own, and allows us with the proper tools to breach them.

Not a fan of grenades in this.  The throw animations feel rigid, there doesn't appear to be any grenade flying animation, and the explosion was...odd.  I can't really explain it better.  It just didn't feel like I threw an explosive, more like a party favor.

Final thing: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this game is going to be moddable like X1?!?! Having virtually everything in a text/xml/yml file makes modding a breeze.  Please don't take away that ease of modding!

Overall, looks like the game is starting out nicely.  It obviously has a ways to go, but this is definitely a great start.  Keep up the good work!