Hi there, sorry if this is the inappropriate sub-forum for this thread, but well, it seems like the right place, so I'll just go with it! :D Anyway, I'm just curious about what the naming restrictions are for the $125+ tiers are, that let you submit your name to be in the pre-generated list of names. I mean, obviously you wouldn't be allowed to have your name as somethlike like "Amanda Huginkiss" or something, but how about adding nicknames in there, as well as your legitimate name? For instance, mine would be:

Tom "Major Isoor" [surname] (pronounced "eyesore" not "izz-oor" if anyone wasn't certain, heh)

So, would that be permitted? Since I mean, I wouldn't see why not, as it's not exactly out of the ordinary for people to have/be known by nicknames or callsigns, right?

But yeah, just thought I'd check before I go and sink $160 into the Kickstarter within the next couple of weeks, and then find out that my name has been disallowed because of it, or something.

Well I imagine if your name choice was thought to not be appropriate then Chris would drop you mail and ask you to make another choice.

I don't personally believe that callsigns/nicknames would be part of the names that were used though.

That is just a feeling though and not from any developer input.

Of course that doesn't stop you adding it once you hire yourself.

It might be fitting to have them attached though so I would be interested in seeing the answer to this as well.

Especially for those who are forum members and are used to thinking of the other forum members by their forum name.

Mark "Gauddlike" Lastname would definitely be recognised by a few more people than just my name (i.e. just me).

It might be fitting to have them attached though so I would be interested in seeing the answer to this as well.

Especially for those who are forum members and are used to thinking of the other forum members by their forum name.

Mark "Gauddlike" Lastname would definitely be recognised by a few more people than just my name (i.e. just me).

Yeah, since that's the main reason as to why I was wondering about whether nicknames/usernames would be appropriate/doable, as I know people who'll be playing Xenonauts in real life - who'd know me via my real name - and those in online communities who'd know me by my online username - who'd of course know me by my username, rather than my real one.

But yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait until others come in here and post, for things to get interesting, and possibly get the ball rolling!

Tom Isoor wouldn't be a problem to put in the game. We'd just want confirmation in the case of Ben Dover and so on. But we're not doing callsigns - the game only supports first and last names, and we don't want to break with the existing game too much by having a soldier with a callsign already set recruited.

You can always rename your soldier to Major Isoor though.

Alright then, no worries. Thanks for the confirmation Chris; I thought it would probably be worth checking with you guys on the matter, before submitting it! (I guess it wasn't a bad move then, eh?) ;)

(Also, are you devs featured in the recruit name list? I hope so - I'd love to see a full team of forum members and game developers screaming and dropping their weapons in terror, all in the name of defeating the alien menace! :D)

I suppose we probably should put ourselves in the game actually, just so you guys can add us to your squad and have us die horribly :)

YAY! that would be whacked out hilarious.

"Chris England has Panicked"

"Chris England has died" -20

"Chris England was KIA" .......NOOOOOO!!!!!!