V10.21 [Ground Combat] Enemy turn freeze after alien runs into fire

I have been playing quick combat terror mission and tried to kill a caesan with two rockets. Missed both, but one missile started a fire on a square right next to him. I ended my turn and then the game focused on the alien. He shot and killed a civilian and proceeded to move right into the fire next to him. He screamed, died and that was it.

Smoke and fire animations were still running, music and sounds playing, but no progress in enemy turn happened. Game was unresponsive to all keys and mouse clicking. I waited a few minutes, but nothing changed, so I had to kill the game through the task manager.

And it happened to me as well tonight with only the hidden movement screen and not resolving just froze on that screen and 10 minutes later I end up having to control esc and alt del out of the game- same exact problem as in the early builds.

Sheez, I thought this was fixed long ago and never to return? This problem is from many patches ago.

Is there going to be any AI in this game? As I last remember the the guy who was programming the AI hadn't even started programming it before he had to move and quit

or something. And my soldiers never use their reaction fire even if I save APs. Also, the aliens only shoot and attack in reaction interrupt during my turn and all they do during their turn is run back and forth.

Sheez, I thought this was fixed long ago and never to return? This problem is from many patches ago.

To be fair, that specific bug that was causing Hidden Movement Screen Freezes on nearly every ground combat was fixed, and it was down to the AI trying to fire guns with no ammo in.

This is a different one. As for the AI guy, from what Chris has said, he moved house. Didn't quit. He's also working part-time (Goldhawk only have 3 full time staff members currently).