Female mod

oracle1990

Have you separated out the hands and faces so they can be selected by the name generator?

I can have a look later on if you want and see about adding these as a separate armour type?

Maybe even add a few female names to the list to support it.

Pinetree might be better for that though, I am rubbish with names...

Have you separated out the hands and faces so they can be selected by the name generator?

Yes.. Hmm... Back to start again... I have done something, not sure what, but from the first figure to the last the camera has tilted slightly so the figures do not match - but it was just for testing, no big deal.

I also have to figure out what to do with hairstyle. As it is now I have to use 2 different pictures. With helmet (as shown here) and without helmet (in example the hairstyle for the 3 last nordic figures), but I think that would give it more "reality" to the game - but I have to test a litle more.

I don't want the figures to have a grey aera around their head.

afri01_portrait copy.jpg

I can have a look later on if you want and see about adding these as a separate armour type?

Maybe even add a few female names to the list to support it.

Pinetree might be better for that though, I am rubbish with names...

Pintree has already offered to give a hand (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/166-Female-Soldiers/page12), but any help is great

afri01_portrait copy.jpg

577e7c95076a9_afri01_portraitcopy.thumb.

I just noticed something. The zipper or whatever it it is on the front of the uniform. Why is it off center at the collar? makes the whole line arch in such a way that it gives the impression that the female soldiers are pregnant again...

I'm really sorry but it just buggs me.

I just noticed something. The zipper or whatever it it is on the front of the uniform. Why is it off center at the collar?

Because it follow the neck.

show.jpg

Here I have twisted hip, abdomen, chest, neck and head to try to match it the original postiture of the male Xenonauts, and hopefully get rid of the "pregnant look".

show2.jpg

show.jpg

show2.jpg

show.thumb.jpg.88c698e7a9edfa96d30ef12e7

show2.thumb.jpg.9cec6c44dfe820e569438a98

Edited by oracle1990

Because it follow the neck.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1182[/ATTACH]

Here I have twisted hip, abdomen, chest, neck and head to try to match it the original postiture of the male Xenonauts, and hopefully get rid of the "pregnant look".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1183[/ATTACH]

IS it possible to combine the waist (or shoulders) twist from the first with the hips twist from the second? Just for that optimal look :P

What I'm trying to say is that when the line going down the front of th slodier stopped looking like a long curve in the first picture the soldier looked much better. When you twisted the shoulders you made it look like a curve again and it kinda got that feeling back (even if the hips look much better and the line looks less bulgeing)

Is it possible to twist the soldiers neck without haveing the collar follow it? In real life collars don't follow the neck like that so it looks odd.

Edited by Gorlom

On the portrait: I am looking at the possibility of using a beret to give you a clue of witch army they have experience from.

This is an example of Russian Special Forces (Spetsnatz ) with Spetsnatz Bat wings (on the uniform).

ussr.jpg

The hair style for use on equipment screen will be the same for all, with colour variation, shown here:

ussr2.jpg

ussr3b.jpg

I have also changed a litle on the postiture of the figure and changed the camera angle slightly.

Edit: The hair was just a litle of center - uploaded a new picture.

ussr3.jpg

ussr.jpg

ussr2.jpg

ussr3.jpg

ussr3b.jpg

ussr.thumb.jpg.455451afed44f3f30f169a539

ussr2.thumb.jpg.449ffcf5348585657517fc4f

ussr3.thumb.jpg.fa3358007b5179048cb26c8b

ussr3b.thumb.jpg.4a4affc40d35c4599f5030f

Edited by oracle1990

Just playing with ideas - do not know if it is possible to make:

A possible portrait:

experience2.jpg

Female soldier, South African 44 Parachute Brigade (beret), South African Army Para Brevet (wings, down left corner), Lt. Colonel (oak leave in right down corner)

Left corner is used for previous batle experience, right corner is used for advancment in game.

(Using RSA as an example - I will probably try to "sneak in" my wife later on :cool:)

Another idea:

Female soldier, Lt. General

isra.jpg

Predator, Lt. general

predator.jpg

Rank of soldier shown at equipment screen.

experience2.jpg

isra.jpg

predator.jpg

experience2.jpg.a3873469bc7ad7fe31865deb

isra.thumb.jpg.1a28e75fb2af984791da22d15

predator.thumb.jpg.c5b7e27334dc825a565be

Edited by oracle1990

Ah were asking about using those as images in the previous post?

You can move the rank image from the left side of the screen but I don't think you could put it in different places for different armour sets or for the male and female images.

I don't think its possible to add a regimental or experiential image though.

Not unless you add them to the face image and only link that face to that specific regiment and background.

I'm gonna be a bit of an arse and say I'm not entirely friends with the bosom. (No, not the size)

The bosom looks "fake" insomuch as the cloth is basically body-tight. Shirts (especially military-wear) don't really look like that. Cloth doesn't behave like that either unless it's stretch-type cloth. I'd google around for pics to show what I mean, but I'm at work, and I believe surfing around for womens bosoms here would be slightly frowned upon. ;)

Yep the bosom looks really odd, its definetly placed to low. Sounds odd but the nipples should be more in a line with the armpits.

Example >

bosom.jpg

Also i think, these women need appropriate hips and have to be a very decent bit less bulky than there male comrades.

bosom.jpg

bosom.thumb.jpg.87de008a611056e2721c6659

Yep the bosom looks really odd, its definetly placed to low. Sounds odd but the nipples should be more in a line with the armpits.

I am not making an alien race of female. A hint: Go to the mirror and look at your own body. After you have done that, tell me where your nipples are.

I can't help but feel that the female characters breasts are oddly prominent on the uniform, almost in spite of themselves. The weird flatness of the sternum area amplifies this problem. Guess what boys? I think that the uniform (especially with the body armor on) should sort of blend chest heights of both the male and female soldiers, as to make them roughly the same height. For instance, would you mistake this soldier for a man? At any range?

487784109uvdndhfsxo8.jpg

487784109uvdndhfsxo8.jpg

487784109uvdndhfsxo8.jpg.e6ed95f69627ce5