Renaming the Base ...

Hi Guys, I don't want to Name the Base to whatever I want I want to RENAME the base to whatever i want. I used this feature very intensively in the original X-Com f.e. to rename a base after the secondary intension.

Additionally if you enter a typo in then intial nameing of the Base one has to live with it during the rest of the game.

I think this shouldn't be an that big issue, remebering the save-games from the originals ;)

I could see some bases being allocated other roles later on in a game. Something that started out as a radar post, may well need to get upgraded due to the sheer volume of alien attacks in the area. Having the option to change the base name, although, rare would at least enable a player to change it's designation.

Oh, and allow the editing of a soldier name without deleting the full thing would be nice. Nice for both actually.

I used to name them by a memorable place name - Uluru etc

Then it was by function - Assault Base 1, Radar Station 2 etc

Now I try to get in both - Roswell - Rdr, Outpost 51 - Aslt (longer fields possibly needed? must look)

So being able to edit it wouldn't be horrible. I can't say I've ever had to use it though.

I used to name them by a memorable place name - Uluru etc

Then it was by function - Assault Base 1, Radar Station 2 etc

Now I try to get in both - Roswell - Rdr, Outpost 51 - Aslt (longer fields possibly needed? must look)

So being able to edit it wouldn't be horrible. I can't say I've ever had to use it though.

I name them after fruits - Apple, Orange, Peach, Pear, Apricot

and later after baked goods - sponge cake, tarts, muffins, scones, chocolate chip cookies

Now I try to combine them- Banana cream pie.