With the stretch goals poll up, I think it's time to get another bit of public interest.

Reddit, specifically r/gaming is great way to let people know about Xenonauts kickstarter, but it's kinda hard to get noticed there, especially if your post is not zelda/pokémon/mario/EA bashing related. :)

I've seen few attempts to get Xenonauts noticed there, but only succes was in r/games, which is more Xenonauts target demographic, but it has much much smaller population.

So I propose we get a few (the more the merrier) people together to upvote a post quickly so it can get the much needed inital impulse to get noticed.

Favoured reddit posts are funny or informative, so if anyone has some cool videos from the game or pictures of a mission going horribly and hilariously wrong, it might do well. Other than that, the kickstarter stretch goals are ideal topic, so we could set up a post titled Xenonauts Kickstarter successful in 3 days! Try out free demo & vote for stretch goals like Mac/Linux port, Female soldiers and Reaper/Chryssalid hive tileset or something along these lines (suggestions welcome, I'm not much of a reporter).

So, umm.. who's with me? :D

Yeah, that is kinda weird, I know reddit obfuscates up/downvotes to certain degree, but it should happen only after the post has multiple digits of upvotes.. Be sure to upvote the post itself, not just my comment with links to the demo etc please.

I guess it's the 6 other topics on it that have been created on the subject last 3 days.

Yep, that could be it. But none of these topics ever got any real popularity, so just few people saw it.

Why not pump the activity into this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/te1ke/the_kickstarter_for_xenonauts_an_xcomlike_is_live/

It's the only one that's seen any real activity out of the 7 topics started. The Xenonauts topic is getting kinda spammy so it's no wonder there's little to no activity in the "tributary" threads. Concentrate on the live one.

Or are Reddit threads unsuitable for followups/updates (due to comments being drowned out)?

Why not pump the activity into this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/te1ke/the_kickstarter_for_xenonauts_an_xcomlike_is_live/

It's the only one that's seen any real activity out of the 7 topics started. The Xenonauts topic is getting kinda spammy so it's no wonder there's little to no activity in the "tributary" threads. Concentrate on the live one.

Or are Reddit threads unsuitable for followups/updates (due to comments being drowned out)?

Links older than 15 hours will not show up on the main page of the subreddit, so majority of people will not see them. I guess main problem is with it being the same link, although updated. Redditors generally hate reposts.

RockPaperShotgun should be doing a Xenonauts Kickstarter update in the coming weeks.

RPS already did a newsbit on the kickstarter campaign when it started. Unless they post about it again with the stretch goals and whatnots. I'd guess they will make another article day or two before the kickstarter closes atleast, that's how they've handled most of the other KS projects.