Proposed Stretch Goals:

Level Designer rounded the first corner in the lead but has stumbled at the first hedge and Indoor Missions is practically alongside him into the second corner. Soviet Town is a couple of lengths behind, a nose in front of Military Base. Still in touch but trailing a little behind the front four is Female Soldiers, fighting it out with Reaper Hive.

Blaster Bombs / Human Psionics has taken a tumble at the first and is limping badly. His owner didn't want to him to race; judging from the noise from the crowd it seems like they don't either...

:D

C'mon military base, stretch those legs! I've 20$ riding on ya.

Military Base has an average score of 9.39 and Soviet Town has 9.40 (694 votes cast). I don't think we'll be able to add three tilesets to the game given we've already got two to do, so I think we might have to discount the bottom one of the three. Reaper Hive, if it stays like this.

Don't even get me started on the misapplied theology in those shows Kilrathi. It's my field so I could blather on for... a while.

I didn't even include Linux in my voting because there were 15 things to vote on but only 14 places to actually mark to vote for. So... it was a null I guess? I did consistently vote for more content (tilesets, missions etc) over everything else thought. Variety = more replayability and all that.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, the Mac / Linux port is coming up in dead last. It has a whole bunch of votes at "14" and a bunch of votes at "1" and not a lot in between.

Guess we might have to pay for that one ourselves then :P

Out of sympathy for our Mac/Linux owning friends I actually voted other things I wasn't interested in below that but I guess it hasn;t helped. :D

They have to build the submaps... building blocks from which the maps generate first. It is a seriously time consuming process and currently done when Chris has spare time. He hasn't even started building 2 more tile variants.

You dont just want a warehouse, you need it to have maybe 6 variants, then your map, might choose between the 6 warehouses or it might be grass, a carpark, or a field.. etc A level designer could be kept busy for 6months building this stuff

All my favorites seem to be on the top 5 so i'm happy they'll be surely implemented if the funding keeps the pace :)

Extra level designer so that missions are not too repetitive in art, indoor missions will definately give the game an extra claustrophobic mission type.

If I remember correctly, I voted reaper hive highest, then soviet towns, then indoor missions, then military base, then pilot callsigns, female soldiers, memorial, then level designer and tall grass. I don't care about new items ones, so they are bottom of the vote. Though I included linux port and excluded psionics and blaster bombs completely because 1) Just a mod, that can be probably added later anyway 2) I don't really have nostalgia for blaster bombs as I have nostalgia for apocalypse 3) Mind control completely screwed up balance of first game, its pretty hard thing to balance right so it would end up making game too easy once you get it.

But yeah, I hope all new map ones gets added in game(at least reaper hive over the military base :P) even though it might require so much work that you would have to delay game or something. Well, hopefully you just happen to get that much donations that you feel obliged to do it xD

But yeah, how well are memorial screen(I hope that screen includes picture of one of those memorial stones with names written in it, or that memorial screen IS such stone) and pilot portraits doing currently? I guess they are over the item ones at least?

I personally am not sure about female soldiers actually, I mean it would be cool but I don't think there were much female soldiers during time game is set in so it needs some explanation I guess...

BTW, will you guys add even more stretch goals if somehow ALL of these gets enough funding?(or if you reach million or something :P) Well, if you do add ones, add feature for countries being able to use alien technology you have sold them in military missions/sometimes actually manage to shot down ufos and not always resulting in small text about ufos destroying local air forces.

BTW, could you at some point post picture of reapers? I mean, its kind of hard to imagine hive(which I think would be awesome) without seeing the creature. And might make some people interested in kickstarter page if they see cool looking aliens in the thing.

Edited by XenoMask

BTW, could you at some point post picture of reapers? I mean, its kind of hard to imagine hive(which I think would be awesome) without seeing the creature. And might make some people interested in kickstarter page if they see cool looking aliens in the thing.

There is a way to get a glimpse of more aliens etc. That is, if you have the game installed via desura.

Which is?... If you know the way, just say it and don't wait till I have time to reply :P

If you are talking about sprites in game files, then I can say that there aren't those for non revealed aliens. Unless you are talking about alien names in sound effect files.

This is my proposal for the stretch goals. If people like them, they'll go up in a couple of hours along with a survey that allows you to vote for them in order of preference. Thoughts?

I think they are great. Good to see some of the early indications of the runners.

A couple of thoughts. I didn't appreciate how much tilesets cost. Great to get a feel for this and it makes a lot of sense to space out these stretch targets to account for this. I wonder though if you could compensate by adding in a couple of shorter goals? Things that do not cost you much in resources but add a bit of spice. Adding a sound effects at a certain level (e.g. bit of background xenonaut chatter, such as 'I'm pinned down here' when under supression fire)? Its nice to think that if we could stretch it to $100,000, then at $108,000 we hit the additional sound effects (or some such smaller target). Ogre KS did this really well (a few short ones around $100,000, two at $500,000 ($500,000 and $501,000) which gererates a bit of existment we we get close to these bigger targets)

The other thought was that given the iconic nature of women solder portraits, it might be worth getting this out early, as it puts to bed what in reality is a non-issue but is perhaps seen by a number of people as one. If a few people are jumping to these conclusions in forum posts, then it is likely to reflect that there is a much large number of people who will have taken the same impression but were never engaged enough to post.

Which is?... If you know the way, just say it and don't wait till I have time to reply :P

If you are talking about sprites in game files, then I can say that there aren't those for non revealed aliens. Unless you are talking about alien names in sound effect files.

Sorry for teasing, I don't want to spoil too much :)

Check the <redacted> folder. Though the files I have there might be remnant of some previous build.

Edited by Chris
censorship!

- Pilot Portraits and Callsigns – These pilots will not level up with experience.

I don't get this one.

Implement pilots that have absolutely no functionality in the game?

When having pilots ingame, isn't it implied that they have some kind of purpose? Any at all?

I don't get this one.

Implement pilots that have absolutely no functionality in the game?

When having pilots ingame, isn't it implied that they have some kind of purpose? Any at all?

If it, like female portraits were chosen, then it gives Chris a new way to get players images into the game. Despite the lack of functionality. This could re-galvanize kickstarter interest by allowing for a new pledge level.