In game tutorial

I am passing on a request for an in game tutorial

It could be a more complex interactive one- or it could be a hit next option describing the layout

menu tutorial.jpg

Break it down into different categories, so you don't have to play through the whole thing, just the bit your stuck on.

Geoscape, Research, Manufacturing, Intercept, Base Management, Ground combat.

I think we sometimes forget that not everyone has played xcom, or that not everyone who played xcom understood xcom.

geoscape tutorial.jpg

menu tutorial.jpg

geoscape tutorial.jpg

577e7c9287568_menututorial.jpg.393a5e15d

577e7c9289aef_geoscapetutorial.jpg.7e536

I've never played X-COM, but I found the demo surprisingly accessible and easy to play. I think this is because I am familiar with the concept of X-COM as a multilayer strategy sim and had a sense of the flow of the game. So I think the UI and menu element navigation don't really require tutorials.

Instead, I suggest including a primer to the idea of the game itself. It's pretty easy to figure out that the top right of the geoscape screen shows your funds. It's harder to understand why you need funding in this game and where to spend it. A big picture view of the game will go a long away towards orienting new players. Once you understand the various layers of the game, it is easy to figure out that you can transfer soldiers from one base to another, for instance.

Edited by karthink