Reordering your soldiers

After playing a while i am wondering if it is possible to reorder my troops. Currently it seems to me that the order of the trops is coming directly from the soldires screen. What I would like to suggest is a possible to change the order of the troops during battle, to have the squads (2-4 soldiers) aside to each other (im means of the shortcuts).

Currently its looking like this to me:

+--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++Key     | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |+--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++Soldier | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |+--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

What I would like to see is:

+--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++Key     | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |+--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---++Soldier | 8 | 2 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 5 | 7 | 1 |+--------+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+

Doing so, a player could go trough the squad beeing sure that the teammates are close together.

Hope this wasn't noted before, but i was not able finding a thread or post relating to this.

Greetz

Axel

Would being able to rearrange individual soldier portraits and having their selection hotkeys change respectively during Ground Combat suit your needs? I brought it up in the GUI redesign thread, but the proposition was lost in the shuffle.

Would being able to rearrange individual soldier portraits and having their selection hotkeys change respectively during Ground Combat suit your needs? I brought it up in the GUI redesign thread, but the proposition was lost in the shuffle.

Yeah, thats exactly what i am looking for :)

• 2 years later...

Please add this feature!!!

Example why it helps reduce mirco (tediousness).

Group of 8 men split into two groups, each with a leader predetermined by the player. Leader set to 1 and 5. The leaders stats are important, since he will need enough TU to find cover when aliens are sighted, and enough HP to live a reflex shot. Once a location is scouted, the remaining three can be set to 2,3,4 or 6,7,8. So by the use of simple hotkeys you can press 1 to control the leader who finds cover, and quickly press 2 double click behind cover without panning the camera back constantly. This reduces the tedious task of clicking constantly and will speed the game up dramatically when players get used to it.

Other players prefer using a scout+snipe tactic. But if you require soldier 1,3,6,8 to be snipers while 2,4,5,7 are scouts, its just a pain in the ass!