Visible battle map

I'm curious as to why the battle map is entirely blank after you arrive in your helicopter. It would be nice if some landmarks were filled in - as they would have been seen by someone aboard when landing at the destination. Crash site, buildings etc...

Idea is fog of war, you have just rushed into a new area to take out the enemies and have never seen the area before.

There may end up an option to turn it off if requested or to make all maps visible.

Ask and you may/will/might/could/should/wont/probably/possibly/ipso facto/maybeo receive.

I'm curious as to why the battle map is entirely blank after you arrive in your helicopter. It would be nice if some landmarks were filled in - as they would have been seen by someone aboard when landing at the destination. Crash site, buildings etc...

But for this to hold true you would also know where the alien ship had landed and that would just be un-fun.

Fog of war: tense, suspense where you fear for the lives of every one of your troops (except the expendable Rookies of course)

Clear sight: picking off the aliens with a sniper rifle from the Chinook while it's in the air, following a strafing run from your Interceptors.

I'm more for the first one really.