"Berserk" and "Panic" situations??

Hi!

One of the things that I loved the most (and also hated) and lot's of times made me LMAO was when the soldiers went berserk or panicked in determined situations.

I would like to know how it works on xenonauts, and if it can be improved?? To be more realistic I mean...

Let's say a soldier enters solo in a room and face a big ass menacing alien, wouldn't be killer if he ran away in panic?? lol

Let's say there's three soldiers, two of them die, and one of them goes berserk for his downed fellow mates... cool!!

It would be really good if you guys improved these kind of situations!

Looking foward to know more about it!!

There is a stat for soldiers called Bravery. Right now they can panic, meaning they freeze in place and do nothing, which you might remember from XCOM. There's a lot of discussion going on about other things bravery can be used for, but I can't recall anything about going berserk from Chris. But could be a cool feature.

There is a stat for soldiers called Bravery. Right now they can panic, meaning they freeze in place and do nothing, which you might remember from XCOM. There's a lot of discussion going on about other things bravery can be used for, but I can't recall anything about going berserk from Chris. But could be a cool feature.

Cool! In X Com, when they panicked, they also would drop their weapons and ran somewhere... I hated it lol! But was cool.

Sometimes they would go berserk and start shooting all directions!! This must be in this game plase!! :D:D:D

I thought berserk was when they were mind controlled, but it's been a while.

Not only. I remember when they were mind controlled they would kill each other (controlled by AI), would go berserk or panic.

They also would go berserk when your team was loosing if I'm correct. But there were other situations too.

Beserk would be cooler if it was a reaction fire modifier (twitchy trigger finger) for the soldier failing the test. Anyone who moves into his cone of vision (alien or human) would cause the reaction fire. Essentially he's jumping at shadows!

Hi!

I was thinking that it would be cool if the morale/bravery of the soldiers were higher when they are in groups rather than alone.

something like a range, each soldier has a range (like a circle, but not something that would be visible), and if we have more soldiers within this circle it would be harder for them to panic or go berserk. Don't know if it's possible but it's a good idea ;).

I always thought soldiers going berserk was pretty cool. when face to face with terrifying aliens they would lose control and start firing wildly into the darkness. however i never understood why they would turn their guns on their own squad.

In a dark area, with a panicked soldier catching movement out of the corner of their eye they might fire at it before recognising as a friendly.

Close engagement; rather than actually being a deliberate fire action it might be shoddy trigger discipline due to panic.

Rookie starts to panic

More experienced soldier tells them to calm the hell down

Rookie spins to argue, but due to panic and poor weapon discipline fails to remove finger from trigger and keeps rifle in firing stance.

Rookie accidentally shoots experienced soldier in the head.

In a dark area, with a panicked soldier catching movement out of the corner of their eye they might fire at it before recognising as a friendly.

Close engagement; rather than actually being a deliberate fire action it might be shoddy trigger discipline due to panic.

Rookie starts to panic

More experienced soldier tells them to calm the hell down

Rookie spins to argue, but due to panic and poor weapon discipline fails to remove finger from trigger and keeps rifle in firing stance.

Rookie accidentally shoots experienced soldier in the head.

Great examples and lol @ the rookie story!! :D

Can't wait to hear what Chris have to say about it!! Those kind of situations make the game a lot more interesting and challenging (and also funny!!)

• 9 months later...

Panic was a mechanic that really annoyed me from XCOM. I like it, but I feel like there should be a strong weight towards actions that are vaguely productive, like running to the dropship, hiding, shooting wildly into the general area of the aliens - I'm not opposed to it being possible from them to hit teammates (especially in such a situation as was mentioned earlier, where they shoot what they see moving) but in original XCOM it seemed the only thing that ever happened to me was they unload on their teammates.

• 2 months later...

Okay... reading this, I'm slightly lost.

There were times where I used a character to shoot, but then when I aim to shoot again, he doesn't do anything but loses the ap to do it. At the beginning of this thread I was thinking, maybe he's panicking, but reading that wiki, it seems to be at the beginning of every turn. If that is the case... then it should either be before any character has a movement or before a character moves at all. However, it is after I've already shot once.

Is that a bug? Not consistent to get a save to show it.

Is the moral system already implemented? Because i never recognized an alien to panic or flee. Even when i mowed down a lot of aliens in alienbase missions in a short period of time.

Going berserk should really be in the game because thats something you lovehated from the old games. I love to remember when i did a grenade chain and one guy went madmax and killed one of those grenade guys. The following chain reaction killed half of my team. :D