Kickstarter $200+ tiers?

You may need to be careful with the billboard things, as some advertisements for real things may break the immersion a bit.

Personally I find that well-made advertisement for real things in a game can strengthen the immersion. However, thematically it has to fit. Having Coca-Cola advertisement in Skyrim for instance, or any advertisement really, is not strengthening. Seeing a Coca-Cola vending machine in Battlefield 3 however strengthens the image that the game is taking place in the real world.

The Order of the Stick kickstarter offered a limited number of signed books, due to time constraints. However, he later offered "Patience is a virtue" rewards where he offered more of the same rewards, but they wouldn't be processed until everything else was done.

Perhaps this can be translated into something you can do, like offering more people their face in the game, but after the game ships.

Posted in wrong thread earlier by mistake.

Not sure if it has been mentioned.

How about Pilot Portraits. They only appear on the equip aircraft screen, display name, nationality, years of service.

Also as mentioned before the plane gains a specific call sign. F16-Boomer

This way you could hire second artist to do this, and could create a mockup. Also perhaps arrange a bulk deal with them. 50 at $25 etc.

Also if you have enough portraits to cover the maximum number of craft available... you would see your name more often than as a xenonaut.

My quick mock up of a possible pilot info screen

pilot 1.jpg

A slightly more condensed side bar.

pilot 2.jpg

How about a nice female pilot to spice things up... or stare at:)

pilot 3 female.jpg

The question is... would the effort to change the UI be worth the extra cash?

pilot 1.jpg

pilot 2.jpg

pilot 3 female.jpg

577e7c9164dc9_pilot1.thumb.jpg.580f1b1a3

577e7c916b07e_pilot2.thumb.jpg.d549780a0

577e7c91741e0_pilot3female.thumb.jpg.87b

Edited by flashman

Translations sound like a good idea, but maybe at a slightly higher price point? I'm just thinking that there's probably enough "other stuff" to be done with that first extra $30k and a translation goal might not be enough to entice a lot of other folks to pledge. Maybe add that and Linux conversion as further stretch goals, far enough along to pay for the cost of doing so while also raising some additional cash for general use and more features.

200+ might be well and good, but notice how almost noone goes for the tiers above 30? There's not enough incentive there, could be more there that would make people more interested in buying in. Maybe start giving an extra game to distribute to a friend at 100$?

How about in the Xenopedia you could have an invasion day Newspaper clippings section? Or media archive- stories about initial attacks and perhaps overtime new stories are unlocked?

Your name/town - make of your car/pets name who knows...

This means people who pledge $$$$ can become a character in the story so to speak. It would obviously require someone to do a bit of fan fiction based on the incidents. And then mock it up artwise. You could maybe do 40 short articles at a new $300.

Or even the backer could write their own outline that could be used/or adapted.

Chris - for what it's worth in case it comes up, I'm not sure that Kickstarter leads you change the description of a reward tier once someone has pledged at that level (though you can add new ones or modify non-pledged ones). I bring it up just since I noticed a couple of people have now pledged at $500... so to the extent you ever wanted to add anything to that level, I think it needs to get announcede in an update or in the FAQ not in the pledge tier itself. Shouldn't be a problem adding a new $250 or $350 tier though.

Also, I think you should wait a few days before you start setting any stretch goals. After all, while it's still gaining ground, you're still 7.500$ from the goal, and while that might be reached shortly, saying "200k goal - linux and mac port" at 90% of funding, that's still 400% worth of funding. I'd wait a while longer, like till monday, at least, and see how the trend goes.

You should also consider that adding tons of stretch goals to exhaust the pledged funds. If the 50k was enough to finish the game with the desired level of polish, then unless there's a major overload of funding you should be careful to not spend everything on development and sit back with very little profit in the end. After all, every pledge is a sale less after launch.

Somebody requested an improved $50 digital- international pledge- no postage/physical goods on Kickstarter. Basically didn't feel a digital artbook justified the extra $20.

I propose to Chris $50

Premium pre-order- with forum medal

a digital copy of the Xenonauts soundtrack,

official desktop wallpapers,

digital write-up of development diary

digital artbook

With a full rez digital art asset of perhaps a piece of concept art or something else that is cool, sent as a pdf and could be printed off.

Edited opening line to clarify

Edited by flashman

Somebody requested a $50 digital- international pledge- no postage/physical goods on Kickstarter.

I propose to Chris $50

Premium pre-order- with forum medal

a digital copy of the Xenonauts soundtrack,

official desktop wallpapers,

digital write-up of development diary

digital artbook

With a full rez digital art asset of perhaps a piece of concept art or something else that is cool and could be printed off.

I'm confused isn't that the existing $50 reward already? (the one with 43 backers already) You know if you select the digital art book instead of the T-shirt or poster?

Design a laser gun? Perhaps as a higher tier, the lucky pledger gets to sit down (virtually) with you and design a new tier 2 weapon to appear in the game. Naturally, this would have to be a one-off (because of all the work involved!), but imagine the bragging rights!

EDIT: Or make that a stretch goal? Get to X$, and the community helps to design and see a new laser?

Edited by Max_Caine

Coming up with awesome expensive tiers is really hard. :confused: Partly because the game is so far along, and the type of game this is. The billboard/Sign idea is pretty good. What about cast figurines/busts? Pricing would be of importance. If less than $30 for the a $400 tier is spent on the figurine, would be pretty doable right?

This guy does jewellery on comission in silver and gold. For a really expensive and exclusive tier.

Edited by IceVamp