Thanks for the comments! Working right now on the new Ground Combat music. ;)

Basically, for the newcomers, every part of the game should have 3 different musics. Air combat, ground combat day, night, Geoscape, etc...

Basically, for the newcomers, every part of the game should have 3 different musics. Air combat, ground combat day, night, Geoscape, etc...

Would base attack/defense be their own categories or lumped up with ground battle? :)

Playing the demo as well and I love the air combat one. I think it works with the ground combat missions as well.

My game bugged out when my interceptors began battle at the same time a chinook reached another crash site while playing at speed 4 and right when the air combat started, the ground mission box popped up as well. I did the mission to see what happens, and you'll see.

Would base attack/defense be their own categories or lumped up with ground battle? :)

Well, we didn't discuss this with Chris. So, i don't know. For the moment, the main parts of the game will have music. Then, we'll discuss more, if Chris needs more. I'd be glad to, its a blast making music for this game!

The air combat music got a revamp since the first version. It should appear soon. Much better in my opinion, and more punchy.

Thanks for your comments guys, its always nice to see people like it. (But i don't really mind if people don't, unless its a majority!) :rolleyes:

Not if we value our typing fingers.

What is a typing finger? I type by rolling my face across the keyboard!

My game bugged out when my interceptors began battle at the same time a chinook reached another crash site while playing at speed 4 and right when the air combat started, the ground mission box popped up as well. I did the mission to see what happens, and you'll see.

It's a known bug, but its lower priority to fix then some more game breaking things, due to it's rare occurance.

If you find any more feel free to hop over to the bug reporting subforum. After searching for any topic that might cover the bug you have found any additional information about it would be apriciated. Or if its a completly new bug make a thread (but please follow the guidelines in the how to report a bug sticky thread ^^)

Edited by Gorlom

I have to add, the music is magnificent!

My most favourite is the air combat one and the menu music gives me the chills!

I was reading the Iceland Incident story with the menu music in the background and the atmosphere it created was incredibly well suited.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by Shima

I have to give my praise to you Aleksi for the menu music. All the music ingame is phenomenal and i am glad to hear that you are making more verisons to go with each portion of the game.

But the menu music. Man o man. Every time i start the game i put my volume way up and listen to that wonderful apocalyptic score.

Its really captures the severity of the situation. Sometimes i just start the game and stare at the faces and listen. Then i Quit again ...haha

More of theese doomsday tracks Aleksi. Its SO immersive.

• 1 month later...

Im listening to this right now:

. I think its for the geoscape and it sounds wonderful!

I just discovered the demo but I cant play it because my PC is rather old:p, so I cant listen to all the music. Can anyone upload more music? I really want to listen to the air combat and battlescape music!

I really only hope they are inspirational! Thank you.

Can anyone upload more music? I really want to listen to the air combat and battlescape music!

You can find the music (and everything else) in the Xenonauts install folder. I think it's in "assets -> music" but I'm not completely sure. Should be easy to find in any case.

Yes, you'll find it in the game's directory. And as for the youtube link, it is pretty much illegal since the game isn't released, the music unfinished and the poster didn't have the authorization to do so by Chris nor me.

But, we'll be nice. ;)

In the future i'll probably create my own channel and add some music. With the final scores.