The $200 portraits aren't really a guaranteed $4000, because a lot of people are upgrading their pledge from $100 or $150. Someone might even downgrade from $500 to $200 if we're really unlucky!

They're certainly selling fast though.

i'm thinking 160k ish, though i didn't think kinetic void would make it and it did, so if i am off by the same ratio then it will be around 200k.

That puts them in a completely different situation and potential to get pledges, doesn't it? people are more likely to offer cash to see a kickstarter project become a reality then for it to meet one of its stretch goals. I'd be very (positively) surprised by $200,000. I think 130-150k is imo more probable but I would like to see it reach as far beyond that as it can.

$150k would be a good result, to be honest.

Chris, any thoughts on a $150k goal or something that you could announce to give people something to push for? The biggest "last week" bumps I've seen on Kickstarter have come because of (1) daily updates and (2) people having some goal that pushes them to up their pledges and make a lot of noise in an attempt to hit that last goal.

With only a week left, I'd suggest doing a daily update - nothing lost by doing that and it reminds people who've already pledged that the clock is winding down and that they'd best update now if they ever want to, plus it builds the buzz. I've noticed a number of Kickstarters, even board game ones like Ogre and now Traveller (more an RPG than board game, I guess... and for all the folks who made me feel old for my board handle, I shudder to think how old a Traveller ref makes me look - I had the original black books), updated very frequently and it really seems to help the drive. Teasing aliens, letting people know how the schedule for the coming months looks, maybe posting an excerpt from the novella, etc. - people are ready and willing to eat up information and Kickstarter's sort of addictive, so that if they're engaged, people will contribute more in a last push from what I've seen. If anything is Kickstarter-exclusive, remind people that this is their last chance to get it and maybe you'll convince a few more people.

As for stretch goals - I just noticed that the next two are $125k (which will be hit) and $140k (likely hit but then pushes tileset-specific NPCs to $165k). I think $150k is certainly within reach but the odds of hitting it will be better if there's a reason for people to push... otherwise they may well see that $140k gets met and $165k is unlikely, so something incremental in between may help get people to $150k, which in turn makes $165k more of a possibility.

Just my $0.02. I think the campaign's gone great but it's one last week to raise some good cash for development, so why not pull out all the stops and see how it goes? Same goes for us in the community - time to make more posts, tell your friends, tweet about it, etc., and let's do what we can to help build the buzz for a nice final push that gets Chris and the team even more resources to make a great game.

-Kilrathi

Just a thought for a last minute up the pledge idea. Currently you can only name your own soldier and have your own picture for those of us that have contributed enough. A low cost (as opposed to having more pics done) would be to be able to name other soldiers/nationalities. Thus players could play with their family members, friends, or worst enemies (someone has to be the guy [or now gal] that draws fire) even if they were not computer gamers. This would essentially just be adding names/nationalities into the database.

I would be glad if this project could get something like 150k in the end but, honestly, i dont think this will go much higher then 130k. I dont see any possibility to reach 140k. But maybe i'm wrong! :D

BTW, great game so far!

You signed up on kickstarter with an email account you have access to right?

After the kickstarter ends your credit card will be charged by Amazon.com, which will give the money to Goldhawk (after taking it's and kickstarters share) Goldhawk will after verifying the payment has gone through email you with a code that you can redeem at desura for alphabuild access (either through the desura client or the DRM free version desura hosts).

At release you will be getting another email with instructions on how to get the specific version that you will at some point have selected through a survey on kickstarter.