The good.

Chris and his team can get their heads down on the games development without having to worry about money.

The Bad.

You are now going to have 10,000000 people on here, some of which will be demanding immediate results. This will put a lot of pressure on the team.

Well, we can't let 10 people dictate how the game should be. :P Besides, I'd assume they're pretty used to us whining by now!

Yes. We're looking at that. Hopefully the stretch goals (currently planned to be Mac / Linux versions at $100k and female soldiers at $200k will give people something to aim for) but we are looking at ways to make the tiers more exciting.

Tbh I think the $200k stretch is a bit of a stretch(heh), but I do hope we can get there!

It's 50,745 , *approximately 1 hour later* . Still 50,745...WHAT!? An hour has passed and no change!? I knew it, people are losing interest since we reached the goal! Chris was too humble NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pant**pant**pant*

It's 50,745 , *approximately 1 hour later* . Still 50,745...WHAT!? An hour has passed and no change!? I knew it, people are losing interest since we reached the goal! Chris was too humble NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pant**pant**pant*

Yeah he shoulda threaten to shoot a puppy if people didn't give him moar monies.

Fully funded, excellent! Chris, get to work on those stretch goals! :D

My personal favorite is more tile types. I would really love city tiles, if that's at all possible.

The lazy *** has gone to bed. There's a game to be made, no time for sleep. :D

Well, I didn't want to do that to you but.... I SAID SO ;)

Congrats guys, now let's get to 100k€ !

Yes. We're looking at that. Hopefully the stretch goals (currently planned to be Mac / Linux versions at $100k and female soldiers at $200k will give people something to aim for) but we are looking at ways to make the tiers more exciting.

Linux build will bring you a bunch of people (I saw this for several projects, such as Shadowrun). I'm amazed to see that it's far cheaper to have a Linux version, than female soldiers.

I always knew that women are costly :)

Excellent news - congrats.

Please don't be pressured by a vocal minority to spend valuable time and money on something as purely cosmetic as female soldiers. Put that effort into something far more valuable, like making it a better game instead.

Y U No like girls?

Excellent news - congrats.

Please don't be pressured by a vocal minority to spend valuable time and money on something as purely cosmetic as female soldiers. Put that effort into something far more valuable, like making it a better game instead.

Boobs are good in any man's army. :)

I hope the 100k/200k gets more than just female/mac/linux additions. Don't really feel that those two would add much excitement to the game compared to additional alien races, gear, aircraft and so on. Maybe it's just me and my friends though

Additional tilesets and randomly generated maps for sure. I think I read somewhere the maps will at least be more diverse, if not random. Ace. Animated battlefield tiles as mentioned on the kickstarter page would add a lot I think. Definitely suppression. As far as an intro video, I think a nod to X-com would be cool... not duplicating the whole ALERT!- Muton- Chaingun thing exactly but close enough that those who've played the original will immediately recognize the similarities.

How about idle animations for units? Xenonauts swaying their weapons around a little, looking around a bit, adjusting helmets. Fallout 1 & 2 is a good example of that.

It would make the scenery a bit less.. static.

But taking into account the amount of work it takes to make these sprites I guess it would be too hard to implement for little gain.

Did fallout 1 and 2 have idle animation during combat? Or was that just out of combat when the game was running in real time?

It was during combat too, I think. Everyone just standing around, but sometimes scratching their head, reloading etc. (though the reloading animation didn't really make sense since it was separated from actual reloading)

Edited by Shima

I dont remember them in combat. That's not to say they weren't there, though.

Well Xenonauts is turnbased all the time. I ahve allways though of it as time beeing frozen for a unit unless it's spending timeunits or actionpoints (with the exclusion of being hit or kiled). In my opinion haveing them use idle animations would feel off, wrong even.

But that's just me and I could probably overlook it if other people REALLY wants it in the game.

Yep, it was during combat too, everyone just standing around, but sometimes scratching their head, reloading etc. (though the reloading animation didn't really make sense since it was separated from actual reloading)

I think you are mistaken. I had to google a youtube vid of fallout 2 to be sure, but to me they seem fairly static while in combat. They move scratch their head and reload outside of turnbased combat (I recall vividly how my char usually did the reload animation right after combat ends and realtime resumes.)

Edited by Gorlom