any significantly advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic

Although it's actually not a bad thing that this has been pointed out, I'd expect the same level of scientific logic applied consistently to anything, without explaining it away as too advanced for mere mortals. :-)

Looking forward to sunglasses/mittens being on the stores lists.

The total's up to $48,413 at 11:20 Eastern... kinda glad I'm up working late but I'm hoping that last $1,600 to the goal goes quickly - it'd be fun to be up and see the goal get hit! If not, it's good to know I'll almost certainly wake up to find it funded. Now on to greater heights (and to enticing those already pledged to bump their pledges in the name of fighting the good fight against the aliens).

Where's that one additional $200 slot when you need it? So close! The pace should pick up as Europe wakes up... Keep the updates coming if you have time, Chris - keeps the momentum even if it's just to say "we're considering ports to Linux but it depends on cost. Similarly, female soldiers would be great but it's really costly, etc." As someone wrote on another thread, building that community feeling so people stick around and pledge more is key. Congrats on the progress so far!

I doubt work on the game has stopped for this. Although I don;t expect a major update to the game till after the Kickstarter.

You reckon? What's the odds that Chris is, at this very moment, lying on a beach soaking up the sun with a pina colada in each hand and a couple of scantly clad lady's rubbing coconut oil into his back? :cool:

The good.

Chris and his team can get their heads down on the games development without having to worry about money.

The Bad.

You are now going to have 10,000000 people on here, some of which will be demanding immediate results. This will put a lot of pressure on the team.

Yes. We're looking at that. Hopefully the stretch goals (currently planned to be Mac / Linux versions at $100k and female soldiers at $200k will give people something to aim for) but we are looking at ways to make the tiers more exciting.