I would actually very much like to see female soldiers in the game, so I hope this can get done with enough cash. Hopefully it'll keep going a couple of thousand per day after the initial crazy push. But it does seem unlikely that it'll fail, with over 65% funding already. :)

/\True. But it it's kept on the "staff pics" and "popular this week" it should earn fairly consistant income. The search mechanic on Kickstarter is a joke, but these 2 areas greatly increase visability. I'm hoping that it should crack the 100% mark come the end of the weekend.

I contacted Total Biscuit with a Kickstarter-related question for the mailbox, told him about the Xenonauts Kickstarter and suggested a new Kicksmarter video feature for Xenonauts and Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Fingers crossed :)

Hmm... 2 people have (in the kickstarter comment section) mentioned that if things keep up the game is going to turn into an FPS. I'm assuming this is a joke, but I'm not quite getting it? :confused:Is it referenceing 2kmarins XCOM or that the FPS grene is currently quite dominating?

Could someone explain this joke to my sleepdeprived brain? :(

I think it could also be a little bit about the double fine adventure, were tim said "When we reach 900k, we will add RTS elements, when we reach 1000k we will remove them again."

(Not quite sure if those were the amounts of money he was talking about.)

Lol, I cant help but think that Chris has ruined it for new starter indies that want to do a Kickstarter. With offering so much (ingame footage, demo, concept changes), he's really shown how well a project can be presented.

(obviously this is down to the game being quite far into the dev cycle as opposed to concept stage most projects are).

Demo made me insta-pledge.

Now I wonder how I can get access to the beta builds?

You cannot. There are no beta builds yet. The "demo" is the current alpha every preorderer has. Once the kickstarter ends you will get an updatetable version of the game on desura and get the beta, once it actually goes beta

$35k ... this is a great showing!!!

Ha ha! Hopefully it flies up and away and continues to a nice, healthy total.

Now if only I could justify buying one of the $200 pledges to my wife ... (But I get to see my face in a computer game!)

*goes away to pledge*

By the way Chris, just thought I'd mention that dropbox is not supposed to be used for mass-sharing of stuff usually, unless you had some kind of special deal with them it's not surprising it got disabled for excessive bandwidth. Even small images shared on dropbox then posted onto reddit gets disabled rather quickly :)

Two years, $230.00 and countless people told to buy this game later I am proud to be a part of this. On a different note, do you contact us by email to get photos for the in-game portraits?
In the nick of time eh? Oh, would be cool if we could get a copy of the artists rendition as well..

On a different note, do you contact us by email to get photos for the in-game portraits?

This is what Chris said on the KS page:

We'll be asking for the photos once the KS closes, or once the $200 is sold out. I imagine the latter will come sooner.

But yeah, over email. Don't really see any other way to do it.

I'm wondering about that "when $200 is sold out." Seems like a cheap bastard would simply pledge 200 and after sending his picture and getting the artist to draw his face he reduces his pledge and hopes noone notices. THat is ofc the extreme case. Chances are though that someone on the 200 tier simply falls through and Amazon can't charge them (for whatever reason beyond their control) when its time to pay up.

While I understand the benefit of starting early on it I think it's somewhat exploitable.