Just wanted to let you all know I got a guy on a forum I regularly frequent to place a pre-order.

He posted this in reply to my Xenonauts pimping:

I got this and it does have a very X-Com feel to it. Much, much more than that dreck from Matrix Games.

Thx for the tip, I'm going to pre-order.

Just one guy, but it's a start! :)

While I've already pre-ordered and don't really have to cash to go for a higher tier so I won't be contributing to the kickstarter I'm very glad it's been going so well, and hope that success continues. Near 50% already may not be DFA level, but it's still really good.

I want to see stretch goals too. I hope female soldiers will be added at some stretch goal point.

I also think that the upper tier rewards could use some spicing up. You need something in there. Original art / sketches with signatures are always good, and can be priced pretty high.

As the 1st contributor of $500, not including the premium pre-order, I think i have exhausted all the funding my wife will allow without removing certain parts of my body. I therefore challenge everyone else to match me and lets get this great game better.

As the 1st contributor of $500, not including the premium pre-order, I think i have exhausted all the funding my wife will allow without removing certain parts of my body. I therefore challenge everyone else to match me and lets get this great game better.

This thing is a monster! The kickstarter I meant.

I think there should be a $10,000 tier reward. Chris and jullian Gollup will have dinner with you. They will both take an autograph picture with you. Also jullian should be paided a $2,000 fee for the appearance.

$50,000 reward tier: julian gollup will be hired for 6 months to help finish xenonauts. You will be able to sit at the design round table with julian and Chris and your ideas can be added to game if both designers like your idea. The $50,000 should be paided entirely to Jullian for his full time desgin and programmer work on Xenonauts.

Edited by Dragonx

Haha, sweet. Tell the Missus it's for a good cause. ;)

Also, I just noticed that the Grim Dawn devs are Xenonauts backers.

Edited by Jean-Luc

Hmm... 2 people have (in the kickstarter comment section) mentioned that if things keep up the game is going to turn into an FPS. I'm assuming this is a joke, but I'm not quite getting it? :confused:Is it referenceing 2kmarins XCOM or that the FPS grene is currently quite dominating?

Could someone explain this joke to my sleepdeprived brain? :(

Hmm... 2 people have (in the kickstarter comment section) mentioned that if things keep up the game is going to turn into an FPS. I'm assuming this is a joke, but I'm not quite getting it? :confused:Is it referenceing 2kmarins XCOM or that the FPS grene is currently quite dominating?

Could someone explain this joke to my sleepdeprived brain? :(

Both probably. :)

not sure if you can still make changes to kickstarter entry. but imo it would boost project credibility a lot if "alpha build available" is stated clearly in the preview/frontpage view. i'd also suggest give a one sentence explanation of all-male soldier part in the FAQ re: portrait. i don't think sounding like a sexist is a good idea.

just my thoughts. now where's my credit card?

It could also be a reference to the Wastelander 2 video (though that was referring to the two previous points). Kinda bummed I missed out on KS for wastelander 2, didn't realize it'd be a top down turn based strategy game (though you preorder it from the site for $20 it's missing a little fun thing unique to KS). :P

btw it's a top staff pick for games! http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/games?ref=popular and just in general: http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/recommended?ref=sidebar#p1

not sure if you can still make changes to kickstarter entry. but imo it would boost project credibility a lot if "alpha build available" is stated clearly in the preview/frontpage view. i'd also suggest give a one sentence explanation of all-male soldier part in the FAQ re: portrait. i don't think sounding like a sexist is a good idea.

just my thoughts. now where's my credit card?

by preview/frontview you mean when browsing different projects on kickstarter? or do you mean on the whole xenonauts kickstarter page?

What part of the portrait FAQ are you refering to? Where it says "(unfortunately there are no female soldiers in Xenonauts)" ?

PS.I clicked erutans link for popular games and I find this on the front page: tentacle lunchbox :eek: WTF?

Edited by Gorlom