Perhaps for stretch you could do

-Female soldiers- sprites and all- if you can pay a dedicated person to do it for all armour's etc

-Animated base art

-Larger number of world cities with popup messages- adding to feel of impending doom

-Greater range of maps - again paying someone to do this dedicated- make your life easier as I know mapping takes time.

-Improve map making tools- streamline wall/ground placement etc - again makes life easier for your

-investigate Linux/mac support

-Friendly supporting bases- with defense missions- that you could buy out if you wanted.

- animated backgrounds for research and workshop- not just progressive

crazychris I think you have to wait for it to succeed as it has to come out of your bank 1st.

However, the Demo is the development build up till Tuesday and I doubt any major updates will be out till next week. Chris is holding a lot of the stuff back for when it goes Beta, to keep people surprised.

The alpha build is as much about the interface and mechanics / ai etc as progressing to the end of the game

This may seem like a dumb question, but I donated $20 on Kickstarter, made a Desura account, and made an account on the forums, how do I link the 3 together? Is there some code I should receive in an email that I can put into Desura to activate the beta? Or is there something I am missing. I am pretty exited about this game but cant seem to figure out how to translate what I did on kickstart to an actual beta code.

Edited by Caboose

This may seem like a dumb question, but I donated $20 on Kickstarter, made a Desura account, and made an account for these forums, how do I link the 3 together? Is there some code I should receive on Gmail that I can put into Desura to activate the beta? Or is there something I am missing. I am pretty exited about this game but cant seem to figure out how to translate what I did on kickstart to an actual beta code.

If you have pledged on kickstarter you hav not bought the game yet. it will take 32 more days untill you are charged for the pledge.

After the project time runs out and you ahve successfully payed for the game you will most likely get a code or something. With acompanied instructions.

Untill then you either have to 1)settle for the free version that while beeing called demo is still the complete preorder build as it looks right now. 2) buy the game through desura in addition to your pledge.

This may seem like a dumb question, but I donated $20 on Kickstarter, made a Desura account, and made an account for these forums, how do I link the 3 together? Is there some code I should receive on Gmail that I can put into Desura to activate the beta? Or is there something I am missing. I am pretty exited about this game but cant seem to figure out how to translate what I did on kickstart to an actual beta code.

When kickstarter ends... provided it is successful.. all those who signed up will be sent a desura code to download the alpha build. Currently the Alpha build is pretty much the demo without the time constraints, new features are added weekly. You are probably going to have to wait till June 10th to get upto date access.

However, if you have not tried the demo, do so :D

Edit: Ninja'ed by Gorlom.. makes up for last night :P

Came here to post the same thing. Holy flaming boomsticks, and I haven't even put down my own $200 yet!

I wouldn't wait too long - that $200 spot is selling like hotcakes! Only 18 of the 50 still left; wouldn't surprise me if they're all gone by the end of today.

"Xenonauts by Goldhawk Interactive

A blend of turn-based ground combat and strategic command, Xenonauts puts you in charge of defending the world from alien "

Maybe add a blurb thats fit in the text bubble that appears so people get a more immediate sense of the game?

Money is tight right now but I couldn't NOT pledge. There's always overtime.

Indeed. I'm working overtime right now. $52 an hour to post on the forums and watch that kickstarter meter go and go and go.

I wouldn't wait too long - that $200 spot is selling like hotcakes! Only 18 of the 50 still left; wouldn't surprise me if they're all gone by the end of today.
Yeah, get em while they last! They've pledged the most to this project thus far. Too bad they can only pledge 10k/20% of the full amount. :P

total sucker... went through the soldier images and found one I like.. looks like me on a good day.. let alone a bad 1.

So $50 became $150...... balls gotta go find some extra cash now :P

*btw i am going to have to hire and fire everyone until my name pops up to show my son :P*

Chris might have to bribe the character artist to do 100 images... kickback for the kickstarter :D

It would already be 90 if the 500+ levels were all sold, too... lots of personalized soldier in the game, which will be a lot of fun. I alway liked changing the names to me and my friends - though it definitely changed the way I'd play "my" character as opposed to the red-shirted squaddie with the generic name!

Hey guys (nice to meet you all).

Did my 200 bucks for the portrait. I love the idea of having my portrait in one of my favorite games.

The 500 buck level definitely needs something else to entice people. Or maybe have a 350 level. I would be tempted if I could have some branding in the game (a billboard that says "Jats Plasma Rifles - Blows you away"). :)

Long time lurker\first time poster,

Cheers