Gorlom -

Have you been stalking me? How'd you know my real name? (on a random but related note, IceVamp I think I spotted your twitter feed, just based on your forum avatar. I saw your twitter post and thought, hey, that guy looks like IceVamp's avatar!)

The project is the top "staff pick" on the Kickstarter games page - that's got to be good news!

Hehe, if it was @tehargaut it's me indeed. ;)

Awesome news about the staff pick!

Probably getting a bit ahead of things but I've noticed no one has yet pledged at the $500+ range. If that keeps up, I wonder if there's anything else that could be added to that range to entice people to bump their pledges (without overly burdening Chris or increasing costs, obviously). Things are off to a great start so it's not a big issue but just something to keep in mind since, hey, if there's a way to tempt people to jump to those next tiers, why not?

Maybe if someone pledges $1000 they should have their portrait in the artwork of the Scientist, Technician, Soldier that Chris is planning. Difficult and unlikely I know, but awesome!

I think in the end credits they can do a roll call of the 500$ up backers, like a pictures and name underneath will roll at the end of credits titled SPECIAL THANKS to these rich ballers:

Congrats on the Kickstarter!

Doing really well!

I have always believed this game will be a success!

I dont know the rules for a kickstarter? What happens if Xenonauts accumulates say 150.000 instead of 50.000?

Needy children?

Now i am off to get my beautiful face an ingame portrait. And maybe if all this goes well, Chris will reconsider a wilderness tileset ;)

Best of luck Goldhawk!

Congrats on the Kickstarter!

I dont know the rules for a kickstarter? What happens if Xenonauts accumulates say 150.000 instead of 50.000?

Needy children?

It means they get more money then expected and can make a better product :)

Here's the RPS article: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/09/it-started-with-a-kick-a-xenonauts-preview/

And my favorite comment:

On my first deployment, my first guy was shot dead dead instantly on stepping out of the transport craft by an unseen sniper. When I got the rest of the team off the chopper the rookie with the RPG misfired and blew up himself and two other squad mates. This caused the rest of the survivors but one to panic and either freeze on the spot or drop their weapons and run. The one remaining soldier with his wits together shot at an alien, missed and killed a civilian.

I LOVE IT!

Fortressnauts anyone? :P

First previews are popping up, news sites are reporting the start of the Kickstarter. We need to get Total Biscuit in on this, he's a pc gamer after all with a fondness for indie games and a huge following.

TB did a wtf is... xenonauts previously. Not sure how long ago that was but if you can contact him go for it.

Yeah having TotalBiscuit do another video (if he wants/can) would without a doubt be a very large boost. Not sure if you guys have contacted him but he seemed very eager about the game the first time around and he might very well be interested in getting his hands on a version he can play around with himself.

If you haven't contacted TotalBiscuit yet then you should, of course he does what he feels like so can't do anything but give him a suggestion to do a video about it :)

Maybe you could give us loads of new toys to play with in the Alpha build if successful :D

I don't really see that. But yes, it's important to set new goals I think, so that people will keep on pledging, not just the minimum when they see it's achieved it's goal.