TNR: read the T-shirt part of the FAQ

What are the full details on the T-shirt?

The T-shirts are black T-shirts featuring a Xenonauts print. They are available in Small, Medium, Large or XL. We’ve designed them to be relatively subtle, so they can be worn anywhere.

We’re only offering a single T-shirt design because the prices get cheaper the more we order, leaving us more money to spend on development. The two options are these two:

http://www.xenonauts.com/images/tshirt_choice2.png

http://www.xenonauts.com/images/tshirt_choice3.png

They are both similar, but we'll send out a survey to everyone that is entitled to a T-shirt once the Kickstarter closes asking people to vote on which design they prefer. The winning T-shirt design will be sent to everyone.

The T-shirts are good quality Gildan heavy cotton 6.1oz shirts. If you live outside the US, please add $10 for international shipping.

Edited by Gorlom

There's another Reddit post up, too, with more upvotes, so probably worth jumping on this one, too:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/te1ke/the_kickstarter_for_xenonauts_an_xcomlike_is_live/

On another note: is there (or would it make sense for there to be) a "getting started" guide somewhere here on the forums? I'm thinking something with general types about where to put your base, what your first purchases should be, etc., so that new players who just d/l'ed the demo can start off on the right foot and get far enough into the game to see where it's heading? If it's out there, maybe like to it from the Kickstarter FAQ or something? I'm just thinking that the more we can do to help people enjoy the demo, the better.

There's another Reddit post up, too, with more upvotes, so probably worth jumping on this one, too:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/te1ke/the_kickstarter_for_xenonauts_an_xcomlike_is_live/

On another note: is there (or would it make sense for there to be) a "getting started" guide somewhere here on the forums? I'm thinking something with general types about where to put your base, what your first purchases should be, etc., so that new players who just d/l'ed the demo can start off on the right foot and get far enough into the game to see where it's heading? If it's out there, maybe like to it from the Kickstarter FAQ or something? I'm just thinking that the more we can do to help people enjoy the demo, the better.

I did a super quick write up of the basics on the wiki. But it's not linked from the forum. And the wiki isn't linked from the Xenonauts website.

It's here.

- it's mean awesome :P every next build is much better that previously

Ah, nice. :cool:

Edited by IceVamp

Just out of curiosity, I'm assuming the demo is the same build as we're currently playing? I only ask because on the screenshots of the geoscape the interceptors have red lines connecting them to the UFO they're heading for and the Buzzard armour seems to be shown during the video.

I did a super quick write up of the basics on the wiki. But it's not linked from the forum. And the wiki isn't linked from the Xenonauts website.

Maybe mention it in the comments or something? I'm just thinking if I were totally new to the genre and hadn't played X-Com, I wouldn't necessarily know where to start and that would make me less likely to get into the game and contribute.

Maybe mention it in the comments or something? I'm just thinking if I were totally new to the genre and hadn't played X-Com, I wouldn't necessarily know where to start and that would make me less likely to get into the game and contribute.
Done.

Gorlom -

Have you been stalking me? How'd you know my real name? (on a random but related note, IceVamp I think I spotted your twitter feed, just based on your forum avatar. I saw your twitter post and thought, hey, that guy looks like IceVamp's avatar!)

The project is the top "staff pick" on the Kickstarter games page - that's got to be good news!

-Tubby McC

Edited by Kilrathi

The progress so far seems great! And it seems as if the previews have started sneaking out around the internet now too, so that will hopefully translate to more backers.

Here's one of the better previews I've read so far. Very indepth, and like all of the articles I've seen so far today, overwhelmingly positive! :)

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/xenonauts-pc-game-preview.htm