Build V10.2 Released!

just started playing 10.2. when i save during ground combat and reload , it starts at the beginning of the ground combat not where i actually saved. is that normal for everyone? i remember older builds loaded the exact save point if i'm not mistaken.

Matthew said in the bug forum that this is now a feature. (I'm hopeing that you can mod it out of the game later...)

Also, you cannot load save games from the ground combat. It's as designed, it's a feature to prevent save-loading in every turn.

Edit:

It's a bug, but it is the same for everyone.

Wait, why is Matthew saying it's a feature then? =S

Edited by Gorlom

They run away in air combat. I was able to take down a couple of light scouts, using the afterburners to close in on the alien ships.
I haven't not been able to take down a UFO as of yet. Well, there was this one time where I had the option to engage with 1 second of combat fuel, so I just sent them home. But yeah, afterburner immediately and as long as you have 25% fuel you should be able to catch up and fire missiles. MIG's are best since they are fast mf's. Just remember to hold off all but one missile vs fighters, when it's halfway, fire the rest.

Update is live btw.

Edited by IceVamp

Are we supposed to be getting the exact same map for every downed ship? Started 2 games in 10.2 with bases in North Africa and Soviet Union and each time I shoot down a ship (only light scout so far) the map is the same. It's the farm tileset with the UFO in the centre, 1 alien inside, sometimes a 2nd outside. Same building layouts each time with only minor differences such as maybe a fence instead of a bush and different door placements on the buildings. And we can't go up stairs?

The hidden movement camera is loads better, but I've still had one or two instances of the camera failing to follow the projectile on a killing shot. This was a shot made by my trooper. I saw him fire and then the alien death sound effect seemed to play almost simultaneously with the gunfire sound effect. I know this is still a work in progress but I thought I'd just point that out as most of the reports about this issue so far seem to be with the camera not following the AI units.

Matthew said in the bug forum that this is now a feature. (I'm hopeing that you can mod it out of the game later...)

I think it would be great if it was an option though - maybe have it as a toggle on the screen just before you go into a mission so it can be turned off and on on a per-mission basis.

Everytime I play a mission (and this applies to any of the XCom games) I start vowing that I won't save and reload, but I'm weak and when the crunch comes I invariably cave in. It would be nice if I could choose to remove the temptation and not have to rely on my willpower (or lack thereof).

afaik it's only selectable when you create a new game. if you reaalllly want to reload, reload a save before the battle.

it's kind of infuriating, but I'm finding i'm learning from my mistakes better without any save/reload. losing vehicles/airplanes within minutes of a target base when a UFO pops out of nowhere tempts the reload demon inside me though.

Thus far, I really only reload if I lose my choppah, or a full on air battle that went fubar and I'd lose the game trying to rebuild those jets. I haven't had a ground mission where I lost more than three men I think. Which definitely hurt, but I kept the tears back, and kept rolling. :P

I think it would be great if it was an option though - maybe have it as a toggle on the screen just before you go into a mission so it can be turned off and on on a per-mission basis.

Everytime I play a mission (and this applies to any of the XCom games) I start vowing that I won't save and reload, but I'm weak and when the crunch comes I invariably cave in. It would be nice if I could choose to remove the temptation and not have to rely on my willpower (or lack thereof).

There is already an ironman setting for those that don't want to be able to use anything but autosaves. But it's selected at the start of a new game not on a per mission basis.

There is already an ironman setting for those that don't want to be able to use anything but autosaves. But it's selected at the start of a new game not on a per mission basis.

That's the thing - I can't see myself being brave enough to commit to that for the whole game :) so an intermediate option would be an ideal.

Ironman mode makes the game much better, in my opinion. There's very rarely a situation that's going to completely end your game, and ending up with situations such as having to go out on a vital mission with 5 new rookies because you've just lost your chopper full of veterans adds an extra layer of tension to the game for me.

The first time I played I did a lot of save/loading, the second I didn't do it once, my play through 10.2 I finally did a save/load before trying to shoot down the first corvette. Losing a MiG and a Ferret in transit hurt, as did an air battle or two I goofed, but so it goes - my secondary base just didn't get a few buildings built when I wanted it to.

This build seems a lot better Chris, lot more stable and more enjoyable.

What was causing the save/research bug in the end then?

Some things need fixing though, like the strings for AV.ScatterLaser in the manfacturing tab and stores, and Alenium Grenades in stores, but apart from that it's good.