Adding Armour

Belmakor

Anyone any idea how to get modded armour to appear in the soldier equip screen?

I have been through every file and made the appropriate additions as far as I can tell. I have just copied across the Jackal images so that's not an issue.

Currently I have the armour as a researchable item that pops up correctly with the info screen after completion. I have linked in all the ground-scape images and items but simply can't find any way of adding it to the drop down menu in the soldier equip screen.

Any ideas?

Yeh done that. Added into script, researches, weapons/corpses, corpseprops, units/xenonauts, gscitemtranslator, items and soldier props. Every where there is a reference to wolf, jackal or basis I have created a new entry for the new armour.

Yet something is missing...

Another question would be do you actually have any of the armour?

If you have to research it then you would probably need to build it as well.

If you have no armour then it won't show up in the list.

If you have the armour present in your base then it appears in the list.

I'm guessing you checked this, but since I have no better suggestions at the moment, did you lose any of your modified data with the recent update that is preventing it from working?

Unfortunately not. This was after the 10.1 update and before 10.2

I basically took the research files for the Wolf armour and copied them with my armour (which i'm calling hyenna). It is now researchable after you find a plasma pistol. After you research it the correct xenopedia file pops up.

I then used all the principles for the basic armour and jackal armour as an item believing that this would mean the hyenna armour would be available after research - but it is not. I suppose the alternative might be to make it manufacturable - but really I want it to replace Jackal armour. There must be a file somewhere that holds the weapons/armours that are automatically available for use at the start of the game but I can't find it.

1. I want Jackal armour to be pathetic against plasma weapons (as it is not designed for this).

2. Hyenna armour is a small modification that is researched after you first encounter plasma weapons so that the armour better dissipates heat from plasma and incedinary. It also gives you something else to research in the early months and makes battles against the light scouts team of 2 a little bit more dangerous.

As far as I know you cant have Jackal armour be replaced.

Partly because it can't be removed and partly because you can't add new free gear that isn't available from the beginning.

You could make the armour available from the start or available to manufacture.

Chris said pretty much the same thing with the Mig.

They could make it researchable but then you had to manufacture it because the game doesn't work any other way.

There must be a file somewhere that holds the weapons/armours that are automatically available for use at the start of the game but I can't find it.

Assets/Scripts/_basebuilt.lua.

Open in notepad/wordpad. Should be pretty obvious what you need to do so that it's unlocked at the very start of the game.

I can't help you with why it's not unlocking when the research is complete though.

Assets/Scripts/_basebuilt.lua.

Open in notepad/wordpad. Should be pretty obvious what you need to do so that it's unlocked at the very start of the game.

I can't help you with why it's not unlocking when the research is complete though.

It sounds like it IS unlocking, he just doesn't have any in stock so can't issue it to his troops.

Items.xml might help if you set the item to unlimited, it didn't help when I tried something similar but your issue might be different to mine.